RYN on Monday, Hospital -- From waking up in Recovery to Coming Home!

Rebecca H.
on 10/19/11 2:21 pm
Welcome to the loser's bench. You will soon feel great. My surgery was this past May and some days I still wake up and think WOW, I'm smaller and I feel so good. You will too! You remember so much from your surgery. I was in pre-op, IV hooked up, etc. Then they went to wheel me down the hall... I was OUT! Next thing I knew I was waking up in my room. Woke up for a little while and back to sleep I went. I was up walking that evening and even about 2am... pacing in the halls. I remember thinking BEfore the surgery, I elected to come to the hospital to be cut, to have surgery.... who does that ?? So glad that I did.

Magnoliagirl
on 10/20/11 1:19 am - Waltham, MA
Thank you for your post. I'm going in a week from today and your post was very helpful. Can't wait to join you on the loser's bench!

MEZ
on 10/20/11 1:53 am - Wilmington, NC
Thank you so much for your detailed, wonderful post.  It's always nice to have a general idea of what to expect, and you covered all the bases!

Ellen            RNY      Surgery Date: 12/6/2011
5' 5.5"          Surgery BMI 37.5        HW 254            SW 230         GW 150 - reached 11/6/12 

inmyownskin
on 10/20/11 7:52 am - Westbury, NY
Hey! We are surgery twins...We went in at the same time and got out around the same time too.  My experience was very similar except I didn't get mushy but I didn't feel much pain in the hospital but I feel it now.  I realize I have to take the pain meds before I feel the pain but it does suck to have to swallow everything.  I started my protein shakes today.  You are doing amazing.  I did find that I am a bit resentful towards people who did not call/text/come see me in the hospital who knew I was having surgery.  I mean to the point I have no desire to even speak to them or reply to messages now that I am out.  I hope this surgery doesn't make me an angry person but it is an eye opener of sorts. Wishing you all the best and keep us posted....we are side by side on this loser's bench!!!!
HW: 293 SW (lap-band 2007): 280 Consult Weight: 264 CW: 214
SW (RNY 2011): 254 Personal GW: 150 Surgeon's GW: 140

Most Active
Recent Topics