question.. how does pregnancy work after laparoscopic RNY?? do you wish you had done...

Danielle Phinney
on 2/21/12 9:49 pm
RNY on 01/30/18
thank you all
Jamie B.
on 2/22/12 12:04 am - MI
I was on the flip side of most of your comments...I went thru two pregnancies as an obese person. I weighed 289 the day I vaginally delivered my daughter (and let me tell you, that was WORK and I KNOW my weight made it worse).

I was 299 the day I walked into the OR to have a c-section for my breech son. I was absolutely terrified the extra weight would complicate the surgery. Terrified is putting it mildly. I laid on the table and waited for the "complication" to happen. It was that experience (being so afraid of harming my child or myself because of my weight) that confirmed my decision to have surgery. I had my consultation 6 months after his delivery...and surgery when he was 9 months old.

Even tho I took measures to ensure we wouldn't have any more kids (our family was complete) I wish I could have had a pregnancy where my weight wasn't such a huge part of my experience!

Good luck!
Jamie        
Elismom2011
on 2/23/12 6:07 pm - ME
i went to a high risk OB before my bypass.  he told me that i was too unhealthy and morbidly obese that I could die if i had a baby before surgery.  so I went through wiht the surgery and 18 months later i started to want a baby.  a month later I was pregnant and had some complications but not due to my weight.  my baby was born 2 months prematurely but is totally healthy now.  I had a c section but I had lost over 100 pounds so I was much healthier at 300 pounds when i delivered than before my gastric bypass.  I only needed the prenatal vitamins and my labs were excellent.....especially the vitamins.  good luck!

Jenn
Danielle Phinney
on 2/23/12 9:53 pm
RNY on 01/30/18
 did the complications or the prematurity have to do with surgery??

Elismom2011
on 2/23/12 10:36 pm - ME
no I don't believe they were.  I  believe it was just something that happened.  the high risk OB was involved in my care as well and all were very pleased withmy weight loss and gave me the go ahead to get pregnant.  I want to have another baby next year but we will see.....good luck to you though!
Danielle Phinney
on 2/23/12 10:57 pm
RNY on 01/30/18
 thank you so much for your help :)
Paul C.
on 2/23/12 10:47 pm - Cumming, GA
  hi again :)  just another question.. how does pregnancy work after laparoscopic RNY surgery??

Well you see the man has this thingie piece that is kinda dangly and when it wants to be used it wakes up. The woman has another piece that kinda fits on the dangly piece.  If this action is repeated enough and at the right pace the mans piece gets sick and throws up.  Then the tadpoles go and do their part.  The rest of biology was boring and I fell asleep after what happens next.  But over the next few months the baby thing grows inside the chi****il her belly button pops up, kinda like the turkey timer, then it is time for the baby to come out.

I think that is how it works but I could be wrong 
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Danielle Phinney
on 2/23/12 10:58 pm
RNY on 01/30/18
 haha.. :)

i meant can you still have healthy babies LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics