What should I bring for my surgery?

Cheryle
on 4/24/12 8:51 am - VA

your phone/charger comfy cloths/robe slippers, chapstick, toothbrush/paste,  hair clips or pony tail holders, your own pillow..    between the  discomfort, pain meds, nurse and cnas doing their jobs, your walking halls, and your naps.... you will need NOTHING else.  I didn't turn the tv on until the morning we were leaving.. had surgery at 7.30 monday.. discharged at 12ish, on wednesday.... was GOOD to be home. 

soozieq
on 4/24/12 9:58 am, edited 4/24/12 9:59 am
I made sure I had flip flops.  I know they give you those gripper slipper socks at the hospital, but I don't like my feet in socks or slippers and I wanted something that would be easy to slip right on and off.

Chapstick!  I used so much while I was recovering.

I brought my own toiletries (toothpaste, deoderant, mouthwash, ear cleaners, make-up etc etc) in my overnight  bag.  I also brought a comfy pair of pajamas. If I don't look put together, I feel like crap.  My roommate would laugh at me (we would crack each other up so bad!) putting on my blush and mascara. lol

The day after my surgery I wanted OUT of my hospital gown so the nurses unclipped my IV long enough for me to change.  I felt SO MUCH better.  I also had to put my bra on.  My back was killing me.

Other than that, I brought my pillow, a book, my cell phone and charger, and my Android tablet. 

Good luck tomorrow!!
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics