Am I doing the right thing?

gishstar
on 5/21/12 4:41 am
Thank you for your responses. I really appreciate it.

I think I'm mostly feeling nervous and maybe "sad" about not being able to have my favorite foods. I'm OK with smalle r portions, I currently eat that way anyways. I'm no stranger to being aware of what I'm eating, I just like to be lazy about it sometimes.

However, when I am on my "A" game, and I measure everything out, and prepare my day's meals in advance, I'm successful.

I think the 6 month dieting period which I have to go through will help me determine if I can do this on my own, or if the surgery tool will help as well.

I'm in the position of where I want to have kids, and I can't have kids being at the weight I'm at. I think I'm ready for sugery, but not ready for the after-effects just yet, but I know those won't be permanent. I just over analyze everything and want to be absolutely sure I'm making the best decision for me, my future, my future childen, and my husband.

If the people around me know that I can do it, then I should be reassured that I can do this. With or without the surgery. I'm more afraid of the change, which is probably totally normal.
Judi J.
on 5/21/12 4:46 am - MN
I think you are normal. Rearranging our guts is a last ditch effort kind of thing. You need to make sure you've tried everything first. It is the maintenance that is hardest.  If you prefer vegan though RNY will be more work for you because of the protein requirements. It is doable but tougher.

I do wish I had looked harder at VSG. Have you looked into that one?
gishstar
on 5/21/12 8:59 pm
Yes, I've considered VSG. I opted for the bypass because of the higher liklihood to get dumping syndrome. I'm terrified to vomit, and I hate getting sick, so I know that if I were to get dumping syndrome even once, it'd steer me clear of any bad food choices for life.

I'm actually reconsidering to get VSG just because there's more nutrient absorption, and since I want to have children in the near future (18 months to 2 years after my surgery), it might be a wiser choice to go with the VSG instead.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 310 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 227 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 0 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics