Pasta, bread and rice

artroxy blue
on 11/4/12 2:52 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

I eat them. I don't have too much of any of them because they feel heavy if I have too much. 

fireflymkz76
on 11/4/12 2:52 am - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12

I tried pasta but it is too gummy and sits like a rock in my pouch. 

check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
Ladytazz
on 11/4/12 2:56 am

For me carbs aren't bad but some carbs I totally avoid like gluten and sugar.  I eat gluten free bread.  I bought a loaf of gluten free bread to make sandwiches to take to work and I had to toss most of it because I forgot about it.  I never did that with regular bread.  I eat gluten free pasta and again I have a package that I will probably toss since I've had it about a year.  I also bought a bunch of boxes of Nut Thins (gluten free) because they were only $.99 on mark down and I can't resist a bargain.  I was paying nearly $3 for them, even though I still have a few open boxes left.  Those things don't cause me to have cravings like things with gluten do.  Rice I can take or leave.  It just doesn't appeal to me.  If I make something that goes good over rice I make cauliflower rice, which I actually prefer.  I don't really count carbs but the last time I did it was around 200 grams of carbs.  I also love eating fresh fruit and dairy.

I do want to caution, however, that if you want to make the most out of your weight loss window it is best to avoid carbs as much as possible.  When I was losing I kept them under 50 a day.  When I got closer to my goal I increased them up to 100 and now I don't really count them as long as I avoid the gluten and sugar I don't seem to have a problem.  It just seems to me that many of the people who complain about not losing enough weight are those that didn't avoid refined carbs.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Dee.spunk
on 11/4/12 4:56 am - Sacramento, CA
I do avoid them. No bread, pasta or rice. Not cause I think they're bad, but I prefer to play it safe. It seems those cam be trigger foods for me. Also I have RH, so carbs just seem to aggravate it. But I will occasionally eat some cracker. Like once a month ill just crave some crackers and I figure I eat healthy all month long, crackers won't kill me.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

jamiebrain
on 11/4/12 5:04 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12

My Nut said I could eat whatever agreed with me, even this early out.  I've had a little bit of bread (I do okay with one slice, tops), I've had pasta (it didn't sit well at all) and rice (sits just fine).  I'm still losing.  This is forever and the idea that I would NEVER EVER eat a carb is just ridiculous.  

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

jkjstars123
on 11/4/12 5:30 am - Tama, IA

I can't eat any of them. They make me sick.

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

AnniesSS
on 11/4/12 6:05 am
RNY on 09/11/12

I can eat 1 slice of bread with cheese or tuna/chicken salad no problem, but it's better toasted, then not.

I;ve eaten Mexican rice in small portions no problem.

we're actually getting ready for dinner now - pasta and sauce. I'm eating whole wheat pasta for the first time, so we'll see. I've tasted baked ziti, but only a small bite, so I don't know how that will be for a full meal.

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

LJ1972
on 11/4/12 7:26 am - FL

I do eat bread - whole grain or P28 protein bread - usually just one slice. Sometimes I have the Arnold's thin sandwich rounds.  I don't really care too much about pasta, so no point in tripping that carb trigger... if I eat at someone's house and they have it, I'll eat it.  . I have had maybe 2Tbs of rice since surgery. Just choice....again I would eat it at someone's home, and I am willing to eat brown rice if I decide I want some.

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/4/12 7:27 am - OH
Yes, I do them, but even at 5 years out, I don't eat them very often. I probably eat rice or pasta once a month. If I eat ANY pasta or rice, I eat just 3 or 4 bites (and my pouch is larger than yours) and hat is o ly after I have eaten enough of my protein.

I do, however, eat whole grain bread (usually toasted) more frequently (usually one toasted piece cut in half for half a sandwich, or toasted with PB). Probably twice a week on that one (but, again, consider that I am much farther out and my eating habits are already well-ingrained and I have learned what I can and cannot handle (in terms of nutritional content of my food choices) to maintain my weight).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sara O.
on 11/4/12 9:03 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

I love sushi, so yes--I eat rice(only on su****hough) and only about once a month. I rarely touch bread, but only do so if its toasted. As for pasta, if I over do it (trigger food) it makes me throw up so I avoid it about 98% of the time. I used to eat rice and pasta more often when I was earlier out and still learning my limits and getting to know my pouch. I've learned rice is the only one of the three that sits well with me and try to limit my intake to part of what is on the sushi roll. We're both less than a year out and getting to know our pouches so just test the waters and see what sets well with you and what doesn't. Moderation is key--something I learned from paying close attention to what the vets said when I was still a newbie.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views