4 days out and hungry. real hunger not mental.

Melinda S.
on 2/8/13 7:43 am - TX
RNY on 02/05/13
Thank you for all the replies. I drank 1/2 the shake and I'm satisfied. I am going to try and finish the rest this evening. The hunger pain weither mental or actual was curved by the shake and I feel better.
HopefulBee
on 2/8/13 9:05 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 01/18/13

Many people who feel "hunger" are actually thirsty. I had exactly that happen to me earlier today (I'm 3 weeks out today), I thought I was hungry but realized I hadn't had much to drink, so I drank some water & the hungry feeling went away.

Referral from family doctor: April 2011

Surgery date: JAN 18, 2013 @ St Joe's Hamilton with Dr. Anvari

Amy R.
on 2/9/13 7:18 am

Don't have easy answers for you but do want to confirm that yes, you can actually be physically hungry.  Your body has gone from an intake of several thousand calories a day down to almost nothing.  That causes true hunger.

Work with your surgeon - you need to find a solution so you don't end up getting light headed and passing out or something.  What helped me was being allowed a small amount of certain carbs, but everyone is different.  REALLY important just to make sure you get it straightened out with your surgeon.  You certainly don't want to get so hungry that you eat something you shouldn't.

Take Care, it gets better.

Most Active
Recent Topics