What type of B-12 is everyone using

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/27/13 1:46 pm - OH

MUCH cheaper!  The last time I bought them, I paid $12 for the bottle of 60 which lasts me almost a year (sometimes I take a second one for a coupe of weeks if my energy level seems low, but at 5000mcg per dot, I usually take just one per week.) Note that they come in 500mcg AND 5000mcg formulas (among others), so pay attention to the dosage if you buy them.

i never finished the bottle of BA B12 that I bought a couple of years ago because they were so rough under my tongue and took so long to dissolve!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

LadyAnastacia
on 3/27/13 9:29 am
RNY on 11/06/12

I give myself a B12 shot once a month.

xplorer001
on 3/27/13 10:10 am - Lakewood, CO
RNY on 02/26/13

Where do you get your B-12?  Do you have to get a prescription?  How do you know how much and how often to take it?

poet_kelly
on 3/27/13 10:42 am - OH

You need a prescription for the shots.  I get mine filled at CVS.  The doctor prescribes a certain amount and when to take it, and it's written on the label, just like on any other prescription you get filled.

The ASMBS recommends 1000 mcg once a month by injection, so that's what I initially asked my doctor to prescribe.  But when my labs showed my B12  level was low on that amount, I asked her to increase it to 1000 mcg once a week.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 3/27/13 10:50 am, edited 3/27/13 10:51 am - IN

I am taking Spring Valley brand 500 mcg SL tablets.  I take one per day.  They taste fine to me and don't upset my stomach at all. I purchase them from Walmart.

~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 468 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?