After surgery fatigue

PetHairMagnet
on 5/29/13 7:17 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I had my surgery the 13th, too! Last night was the first time I felt fatigue since the first three days. I went back to work the 20th. I think staying on my schedule helped a great deal and walking was a plus, too. I walked 2 1/2 miles in the hospital, so walking is my 'thing', lol. I do 1 1/2 miles a day now plus riding my bike. Have you tried stepping up your exercise? That might energize you a bit.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Brandi O.
on 5/31/13 2:36 pm - TX
RNY on 05/13/13 with

Oi, fatigue.  I can't even shower without needing a rest.  It takes me like two hours to get showered, dressed, hair/makeup done, and go.  I used to be a 30 minute out the door kinda gal.  I decided to shave my legs the other day and my abs felt like I'd done a million crunches for a few days.  I'm frustrated by the lack of energy/strength.   I hope you see the energy benefits of your efforts soon.  

jensieck76
on 5/31/13 11:31 pm - TX
Its getting a little bettee but dang this part is for the birds!!! I feel great otherwise but I just keep pushing through it. My kiddos and work demand so!!! Better non tired days are ahead for us!!

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

Tarabug
on 6/3/13 3:13 am

Good to see all these posts and know that the fatigue is a normal part of the recovery. I also had my surgery on May 13th and have had no complications other than the normal pains. I did not think I would ever be able to bend over to my left side again without excruciating pain but everyday gets better. Probably did not help that I returned to working one week after surgery. That was tough. I could barely get my shoes on! But the fatigue oh the fatigue is still hanging in there and I am normally a very active person. This is killing me. I am contemplating a nap right now but have a million and one things I need to do instead! I have been trying to get my proper amounts of protein, it seems to help some but not nearly enough. Come on magical week 5 I need to feel like myself again!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.