Comfort foods for when you aren't feeling well?

exohexoh
on 6/18/13 4:37 am - West Chester, PA
Not that it helps since it still is tomato soup but I started making my own and it's so much healthier/yummiest than Campbell's. equal parts tomato purée and chicken broth. A little brown sugar Splenda and spices to taste (I use black pepper, onion powder & garlic powder). Then you can throw in some meat or cheese to get some protein in. I've had at least a bowl a day while recovering from my tt, definitely my new fave comfort food.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

PPP
on 6/18/13 5:15 am
Melted cheese on toast with cinnamon/Splenda sprinkled on top. The secret is to pick the cheese off and not eat the toast.
Gizzys
on 6/18/13 6:04 am - Canada

I had a few sips of shaken diet gingerale that had no carbonation left when I had a stomach ache.  But only once.  I thought it helped.  Not something I would do on a regular basis.  But if your desperate...

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

MyLady Heidi
on 6/18/13 6:37 am

I eat plain saltine or oyster crackers when I have an upset stomach, I don't like salt so to me this aren't a treat at all.

honestlinzel
on 6/18/13 6:39 am - CA

I will eat some kind of light soup. :)

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

PetHairMagnet
on 6/18/13 6:41 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Refried beans for me!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

BWB
on 6/18/13 6:44 am

Home made chicken vegetable is my feel good meal.  I'm probably a bad one to give advice because I've never had an upset tummy since surgery.  

Allen Y.
on 6/18/13 10:53 am - Garland, TX

When my pouch is really cross with me, beef or chicken bullion seem to be just the thing. Makes me feel like I ate something and does not make the pouch any more angry with me.

LOTS OF SALT in that stuff though.

Most Active
Recent Topics