1 month out, but love to drink while I eat.. how bad?

PetHairMagnet
on 8/9/13 8:14 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On August 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM Pacific Time, ****rogirl wrote:

Others have already explained how it can contribute to overeating and how it is one of the common factors in people who have regained.

I think that the easiest way to get used to not drinking with meals is to not even have anything to drink on the table when you eat.

Lora

Amen!

One thing I learned from Lora was to keep an ice cube on a saucer next to my plate. If I MUST have some moistness while eating, I suck on the ice cube a moment and return it to the saucer. I only do this at home, lol. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Ashley in Belgium
on 8/9/13 10:10 pm, edited 8/10/13 6:57 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13
Drinking with meals is a hard habit to break..I knows I had a Lapband for 7 years and it was impossible to drink before or after without 30 minute windows or I'd be sliming and throwing up. My advice is to not even put a glass on the table. And after your meal get up and leave the room. Let others clear up so you aren't tempted. It does get easier. It's automatic for me now. I couldn't drink with my meal if you paid me!
Patience. These things take time. You'll get there.

Ashley

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

BWB
on 8/10/13 12:10 am, edited 8/10/13 12:10 am

Maybe I'm the odd one but I have to have a glass on my table setting.  I don't drink it unless something is dry and I need a sip.  I take my glass everywhere, the result of the indoctrination. 

BarBBi
on 8/11/13 12:19 am
I think of my drink as my dessert. I get it ready after dinner, fill it with ice (and a little MIO sometimes). I check the clock and look forward to drinking it in 30 minutes. It has become part of my evening routine.
I find that by not drinking with my meal I can really gage when I am full better and I eat less.
Hope that helps😄
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 194 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?