Is it weird to be scared that it's going so well?

selhard
on 12/23/13 12:51 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I have read many WLSer's wondering the same thing-- I also experienced the same doubts I even had the correct surgery.  (Do you think it's because we are used to so many failed attempts we have a hard time grasping something going smoothly for a change?)  I even went so far to request a copy of my surgery report scanning it for a possible error.  I have had little restriction and could easily eat more than recommended since early on.  This knowledge bothered me so much, I kept it a secret the first 10 months post-op.  On my one-year check-up, I mentioned my lack of restriction concerns only to told "some do, some don't, it's up to you to make it work."  It's true, dense protein foods do the trick.  It's true, I have to choose to make this work.  I do have my fears nonetheless.  

kbinaz
on 12/24/13 12:26 pm

I'm seven weeks out from my RNY surgery and feel the same way!  I tolerate everything, as long as I follow my doctors plan.  I was allowed normal food (not pureed, that is, I can have chicken, fish, turkey, cooked vegetables, and peeled fruit starting at 1 week post-op.)  The only issues I've had have been when I've eaten too much fat -  which wasn't until this week - which I only had because I wasn't following the program exactly.  I got sick from eating shredded pork carnitas once and from a hot dog (I know, I know, what was I thinking?  I wasn't, clearly!  I was starving and hadn't planned well, so that's what I had...please don't lecture me people!) Other than that, I am able to eat exactly what I'm supposed to eat, I drink water with no problems, too.  I'm trying just to be thankful that I feel well and am not having trouble but I know what you mean -  I wasn't expecting to have it this easy!

Most Active
Recent Topics