What's on the menu today, RNY-ers?

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/14 10:11 pm, edited 2/12/14 11:08 pm

Yogurt was on my I hate list for foods since I was a kid. I do like greek yogurt now. I buy the vanilla Light and Fit is good to. I know I learned how to like beer when I was younger so I knew when  I was hungry I would learn to like greek yogurt. The lime is so good. I like yogurt beacuse sometimes I can just eat and not have to do anything but eat it.

Louise1974
on 2/12/14 1:21 am

B:  Cliff Builder Bar

S:  Another Builder Bar (I really don't like having two of these in one day because I prefer whole foods but it was jsut one of those days...)

Lunch:  1 cup bean chili with cheese and sour cream

S:  tea with splash of whole milk and splenda (this is my new favorite thing, how have I never had this before?)

D:  3 or so ounces chicken with tikka masala sauce and maybe 1/4 cup brown rice

S:  If I am hungry I might have 1/2 an apple with a T of peanut butter or a slice of cheese. 

17 months out

Dcgirl
on 2/12/14 2:00 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I haven't had tea with splenda either!  Great idea.  What tea do you use?  I always enjoy the orange zinger or spicy, zesty teas :)

Louise1974
on 2/12/14 2:12 am

I am obsessed with English Breakfast with a good dose of milk and splenda.  Also, chai is really nice.  My husband made fun of me but Republic of Tea made a Downton Abbey tea, it is a black tea with ginger.  Yummy.  I never really  liked tea and now I realize, I just needed it creamy and sweet.  Duh!  I also like it because it gives me a just a little hit of calories and protein and is like a mini snack and sometimes is just right when I am not hungry for a whole snack but still need something. 

Dcgirl
on 2/12/14 2:20 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh yeah I love chai tea!  LOL @Downton Abbey tea.  According to my Facebook feed, everyone loves that show, so I imagine the tea is popular.  A zing of ginger would make it delicious.  

Kenyatta W.
on 2/12/14 1:22 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Hey DcGirl!!!

I go to my 1 yr Nut appt next Monday which is late but I cannot wait! I have not seen the Nut since my two week check-up after surgery so I've been relying on my vets on OH for guidence due to no insurance. So hopefully this Nut is not a NUT LOL and gives me guidence because I'm so affraid to up my calories even though I workout five days a week. We shall see.... I'll keep you posted! On to the menu......

Time since surgery: 13 months 5 days

B: Protein coffee, 1 boiled egg, 1 slice turkey bacon

S1: 1 oz Turkey Jerky

L: 1/2 tray Atkins Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry

S2: 1/2 Quest Protein Bar

E: 45 mins Elliptical, Abs and Lower body weights

D: 1/2 Chicken salad wrap w/Cheese slice and Mustard

S3: Light String Cheese

W/Vites: On target

Totals.... Calories 930, Protein 99 grams, Carbs 39 grams, Fats 43 grams

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Dcgirl
on 2/12/14 2:03 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Kenyatta!  Kicking ass on the protein AND the ellyptical :)  I am curious what your new NUT will say.  I think your diet is always super well balanced and you have lost a TON of weight so I am sure the NUT will be thrilled to have you as a client.  Thank god for MyFitnessPal!  I psychotically track everything I eat - for me, it's a must, to keep me honest and keep me where I need to be :)

sonyamarie75
on 2/12/14 2:18 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

B, coffee and Quest bar (Coffee first- finished it before I started eating. LOL)

Snack 1- mini babybel light cheese

Lunch- 4 oz rotisserie chicken breast

Snack- Click Expresso Mocha Protein Shake

Extra Snack just in case I get hungry again at work (if its a bottomless puch day!) Small pear

Dinner-- still have rotisserie chicken left-- so will do a veggie stir fry with about 3 oz of chicken (no rice).

This will put me at about 80 G of protein and about 800 calories I think.

E: I hurt my hip trying to do couch to 5 k and am limping around. I may hit the pool to see if I could tolerate swimming?

V: On track

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

Dcgirl
on 2/12/14 2:22 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Sonyamarie - what do you mix the Click with?  I have that mix - a huge canister of it - and I have made it with water per their instructions but I don't love it.  I went completely overboard immediately post-op and I am now the not-so-happy owner of more protein powders than any 10 people need.  I should bring them to my support group and give them to people who need them.  Great job on starting the C25K but that sucks you got hurt.  I know swimming is really easy on the joints so that could be a perfect idea!

sonyamarie75
on 2/12/14 7:30 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

Jus****er. I like it hot. Sometimes I put a packet of diet hot cocoa in my coffee and it reminds me of that. 

Here is a recipe for a Click Frap from the Bariatric Foodie blog. She has others too! Don't throw it away/give it away yet. Early out I didn't do great with protein shakes. I threw away all of my canisters thinking I couldn't tolerate them. Later, I wished that I had kept them. They make easy quick meals in a pinch! I ended up buying more protein powder. My tastes changed after surgery--so I thought the shakes were "too sweet." That gets better after a while though. I could have kept them :( If you try the frap let me know! BF has amazing protein shake recipes!

How to Make a Click Frapp
Liquid Base
Use 8 oz. of any of the following:

• Cow’s milk
  • Soy milk
  • Almond milk
  • Some other type of milk
  • Water

Flavor Base
Use ½ serving (1 scoop) of either:

Protein Boost
Use one serving (which should be 100-130 calories and at least 20g protein, very few carbs):

• Chocolate protein powder
  • Vanilla Protein powder
  • Strawberry Protein powder

Flavor Add-Ons
Use 2 tbsp. of sugar-free syrup. You can use whatever you have on hand but here are some of my favorites:

• Peppermint Paddy
  • English Toffee
  • Brown Sugar Cinnamon
  • Hazelnut
  • Raspberry
  • Orange (yes, it even tastes good with a chocolate base!)

AND/OR any of the following (amounts and added calories listed):

• Unsweetened Cocoa powder (1 tbsp = 25 calories)
  • Powdered Peanuts like PB2 or Chike PB (1 tbsp = 27.5 calories, 2.5g protein)
  • Sugar-free pudding powder (generally 1 tbsp. = 35 calories), here’s some flavors I think work well
    • Cheesecake
    • Banana Cream
    • Caramel
    • Butterscotch

Directions:
Combine one item from each category in a blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes (yes, that’s a long time but trust me on this one). Add 3-5 cubes of ice and blend until they are crushed. If desired, you may add more sweetener before the first blend.

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 9 replies · 43 views