What do you log and how do you do it

Cunning_Pam
on 4/6/14 2:04 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I use MyFitnessPal as well. It's super easy to use, and even has a function to let you put in favorite recipes so you can figure out the nutrition information in foods you prepare.

I have to echo what Pat and Penny said, though. Your protein intake is super low. One shake should be giving you about 20 grams of protein, so getting 7 grams in a day means you didn't even finish one shake. I know it's tough for the first few weeks after surgery, but this isn't an option: You need to be meeting your surgeon's protein goals every day. Work on that and your fluids, and the rest of the numbers will fall into place.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

MarilynDee
on 4/6/14 5:12 am

I recently switched from pen and paper to myfitnesspal.com and I am glad I did!

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/14 5:33 am
RNY on 12/16/13

A great question!  I have been logging paper journals for 10 months. I got a smart phone a few weeks ago and have downloaded MyFitnessPal and Calorie Count. Have any of you used the Calorie Count app?  

Thanks!

T

southernpeachnc
on 4/6/14 9:47 am

You only got in 7 grams of protein?  You're doing something wrong.  Protein is first and formost.  One protein shake usually has from 20 to 30 grams of protein.  What are you drinking???  You are a week out and need push the protein. You need to heal and 7 grams wont cut it.  

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

bdaycakegirl
on 4/6/14 2:20 pm

I drank part if one shake. I will do better. 

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

southernpeachnc
on 4/6/14 11:20 pm

I'm glad to know you're going to push the protein.  We are to strive at first for 60 grams a day.  It's hard the first couple of weeks but you can do this.  My nutritionist has pushed me to 80 grams now. This site is good for problem issues.  Take care!

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

marymo362
on 4/6/14 12:59 pm
RNY on 03/18/14

I also use my fitness pal, and if you would like to be friends on it, please sign up and request my friendship!  This is a terrific way to electronically keep track of food, exercise and you can use the notes to make sure you are taking your meds as well!

my username is marymo8387 and you or anyone else who is on it can request my friendship, I would love that!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 491 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 553 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 541 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 253 views
Recent Topics