Not a big drinker

cspotrun
on 9/4/14 1:01 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Thank you for that.  I was really hoping at some point I can just get back to drinking when I'm thirsty.  It is true that I drink more when hot or active.  For example, when walking around Disney in the heat of the Summer, I couldn't get enough to drink.  But in my frigid office where I sit most of the day, I don't feel like drinking much.  Thanks for offering your experience.

Karen   

LittleMikey64
on 9/5/14 12:37 am
RNY on 08/06/14

One of the messages that was delivered at Cleveland Clinic is that the  majority of post-op re-admissions are caused by dehydration.

Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.  Saint Francis of Assisi

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/4/14 12:57 pm, edited 9/4/14 12:57 pm - OH

Yes, not getting enough water can cause kidney stones, and after RNY we are more prone to kidney stones anyway.  That is an important reason to try to drink as much as you can.

I, too, am not a big drinker.  Never have been (and -- aside from times of illness -- have never been dehydrated), and probably never will be. Anything I drink has to be either very hot or very hot (or I have to be very thirsty).  Plain water has to be icy cold or it makes me nauseous.

I am 7 years out, and although I do try to drink as much as I can, I rarely get 64 ounces a day.  I have, though, had issues with kidney stones and I know that my fluid intake contributes to that.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

cspotrun
on 9/4/14 1:02 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Thanks Lora.  I feel the same abou****er.  In general it makes me nauseous, but I can tolerate it on ice with lemon.

Karen   

willspear
on 9/4/14 1:04 pm
VSG on 06/23/14

I get dehydrated and very I'll feeling if I don't get atleast a gallon down daily preferably much more. 

Then again I am and always was on my feet from dawn to last call and run a busy hot kitchen.  

Most Active
Recent Topics