What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Berryhoosier
on 3/23/15 11:44 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

My first job was as a server on the line at Bud Alexander's Cafeteria.  I don't want to talk about it! LOL

B: boiled egg, 1 oz cranberry cheddar cheese, 2 oz. ham, blueberries (This was way too much food for breakfast, so the remains will turn into a snack later).  I also had a cup of coffee this morning because I just couldn't wake up. This is only my second cup since surgery.  I'm technically allowed to have it now, but I don't really want to get in the habit.

L: 1/2 bacon cheddar hamburger (no bun), bell pepper strips, hummus

S: crispy chickpeas

D: small Wendy's chili, 6 saltines

S:  the rest of breakfast

E:  a walk with Gus

Water and vits - started

Emiepie
on 3/24/15 12:14 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I have been reading these menus for months for ideas and wanted to see if I can stay on plan if I document here what I am eating!

I am here in sunny California, feeling bad for all of you braving the cold, maybe send some rain our way so our drought conditions won't be as bad.

My first job was at Disovery Zone-kind of like a Chuck-E-Cheese with more play equipment. 

Time since surgery: 7 months, just shy of 2 weeks

B: Skinny latte, egg white, spinach and cheese scramble and some fresh strawberries and blackberries (one of benefits of living in ag country)

L: P3 ham pack and bag of boom chicka pop

S: L&F cherry yogurt with chia seeds and a tad granola

D: Strawberry cheesecake quest bar (support group night)

S: Skinny latte and Dark chocolate banana THINaddictives

Vitamins: Will start with breakfast

W: started

E: Tuesday's are gym mornings so up bright eyed and bushy tailed (which also means Starbucks on the way to work!) 1 hour of cardio including elliptical and treadmill. Lunch walk planned as well as a walk for coffee before support group tonight.  

Totals: Cals: 1049 (may not eat all my snacks) Protein: 86 Carbs:131(a little high due to the 2nd latte) Fat 27.

Hope you all have a great day and that I did this right :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 3/24/15 12:14 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, everyone!

I have had too many jobs to count - my parents were of the thought that we could go to concerts and wear Girbaud jeans and Bum Equipment sweatshirts but we had to buy them our damn selves!  So I babysat, caddied at a golf course, worked at a deli, read to a blind man, and a host of other random jobs.  My coolest job was teaching English in Prague for a year after University.

Today is day four post-op and I have definitely turned a corner.  I woke up feeling sore and stuff, but not as sore and stuff.  I had been taking Oxycodone every 3 hours but now I can go four or five hours.  I am still quite hunched over, but the pain is less and the drains are filling less and less.  I can hike my own body out of bed and even shuffle around my apartment.  Although my mom (aka my guardian angel) is here until Saturday, I finally feel like I could survive without her.  I am even online and working today.  I might do half days all this week and go back full time next week.

I haven't been very hungry and maybe due to my tight binder, I eat much smaller meals.  Here is what I am planning today as I focus on protein, protein, protein.

B: two coffees with half and half, light and fit toasted coconut vanilla, high protein granola, some strawberries

S: Pure protein chocolate salted caramel bar

L: 3 oz tuna fish with Quest chips, some chicken broth

D: Pineapple teriyaki chicken meatballs

S: Yasso mint chocolate chip frozen greek yogurt bar

1,000 calories, 78 g of protein

My weight is still 10 lbs higher than when I went into the hospital.  Very demoralizing.  I am sure I shouldn't weigh myself until next Monday.  I just have to force myself to stay off of the scale!

Have a great day, all!

Em

mamata2
on 3/24/15 12:23 am

OMG!  Girbaud jeans!  Z Cavaricci too!  How I miss my youth ;)

I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better.  Plastics scare me, I was a straight up baby after RNY and I can't even imagine how much more painful plastics are.  You are amazing! (So is your mom for taking care of you

Dcgirl
on 3/24/15 12:43 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG my RNY was like a massage compared to this.  I had zero pain then so this was especially hard.  I honestly was very regretful on the second night.  But the pain fades and so do the memories.  Once I can stand up straight and dress my new, contoured body, I think I am going to be the happiest person ever!  I just have to find patience within me :)

Ahhhh I loved Z Cavaricci too!  My mom was always like "I don't spend $70 on jeans for myself and I sure as hell am not spending that on you!".  So I worked a WHOLE lot to pay for my "expensive" tastes :)

melissasue1982
on 3/24/15 12:23 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I worked at McDonalds for 2 1/2 years in high school, it was my first job ;)

I am on the 2 week pre-op diet

B: 3 oz 98% fat free ground turkey with chili powder, 1 scrambled egg and 1 Joseph's pita

S: Dannon light and fit Raspberry greek yogurt

L: Leftover zucchini boats from dinner yesterday

D: "Big Mac" Salad

S: 2 weigh****chers cheese sticks

Totals: Cals: 1006  Protein: 141 Carbs: 53  Fat: 25

I went over my calories by 6.  oops

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

mamata2
on 3/24/15 12:24 am

Yay for pre-op diet!!  Also, out of curiosity how gross is McD's food really?  Is there anything that no one in their right mind should order?

melissasue1982
on 3/24/15 12:31 am
RNY on 04/06/15

You know what, I never saw anything that made me go HOLY HELL STAY AWAY!! lol  I mean its fast food, so obviously it isnt all that great for you.  But the eggs were real eggs, and the meat is all real beef. 

AngryViking
on 3/24/15 12:41 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yay, we got one!  LOL 

melissasue1982
on 3/24/15 12:50 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I don't know if I should be honored or not??  HA  It was a pretty good first job.  A few friends worked there, and I learned that every job has its fun parts and the NOT so fun parts (like cleaning the bathrooms and doing the dishes wearing a garbage bag with holes for arms so you don't get soaked! LOL)