What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

melissasue1982
on 10/8/15 6:04 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Size 8...single digits....that is AWESOME!!! I am pretty sure I would pass out cold if I fit into a size 8! lol

I tried a sample protein powder this morning, Chike Chocolate Bliss....I took 2 sips and dumped the rest! I did not like the texture....and the taste...and the high calorie and carb count! Sooooo yeah my numbers have those 2 sips in there, but I had to figure out something for breakfast on the fly! lol

6 Months since surgery

B: 2 Fiorucci prosciutto w/ mozzarella sticks (bought from Walmart on the way to work haha)

S: 2 Baybel light cheese

L: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt, 30g slivered almonds

S: 1oz Tender bites beef jerky

D: 1/2 Trader Joe's Kalbi BBQ chicken sausage, roasted carrots and roasted onions 1/2c

S: ?? (I normally have the same thing I had for lunch, but I try and only have nuts once a day) It will be protein forward, whatever it is

Totals: Cals: 688 Protein: 62 Carbs: 28 Fat: 39

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AngryViking
on 10/8/15 6:14 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I was definitely having an out of body experience in the dressing room. LOL What's more is that I don't have a full length mirror at home, so seeing myself was pretty shocking.

Emiepie
on 10/8/15 6:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Love your restraint and Wowzers on the size 8!!! Way to go! Nothing too exciting here, sad to say it's supposed to be 94 degrees on Saturday, boo!

Time since surgery: 1 year + 1 month

B: SF latte, egg beaters with spinach and cheese, fruit (apple slices, dried figs and grapes)

L: Inside of fish taco and some tortilla chips

S: Quest pumpkin pie bar and a SF iced latte made with Fairlife milk

D: Cloud bread, deli turkey, Swiss cheese, light and fit yogurt and some artic zero

E: 1 hour cardio

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1083 Protein:104 Carbs:121 Fat:31

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

LadyBaltimore
on 10/8/15 7:05 am
RNY on 07/27/15

Woohoo for the shopping! I did a little myself yesterday, but not for clothes. For getting back on the proverbial horse diet-wise and being patient with my injury healing, I ordered myself a hand-made herbarium book. So excited, as it will be my first one, and it will also be a great project to work on and keep me busy from eating/stressing during the holiday season. Should arrive from Italy in about a month and a half.

Strayed yesterday from my plan, but only a little. Had three bites of a quiche and one stick of lo-cal mozzarella cheese, so my cals upped to maybe 800. Got my liquids and protein in, though!

Okay- 2 months, 11 days since surgery

B: Protein shake

S: Coffee

L: Tomato soup and avocado

S: Protein shake

D: ???

W/V: Started

E: Not until my back is healed

Cals: I'm guesstimating 750 Pro: 73.5 g H2O: at least 48 oz, as I'll be drinking all day

As I said, not sure of dinner- I'm supposed to be going to my aunt's for the next four days to help take care of her. Depending on whether or not my dh is able to bring my protein powder and blender over tonight, I'll have to do some creative grocery shopping for both her and myself, depending on what she and I can safely eat.

Magic wand in the grocery store,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

Sarah M.
on 10/8/15 7:17 am

Congrats on the size 8!

One of my new favorite things about shopping is that my size is now "out of stock". Crazy I know but I love that I'm in a size more people wear.

B--mini sausage biscuit

s-fruit

L-egg salad

s-jello tempation

D-?

HW 320 RNY 4/13/15 Dr Kevin Tymitz GW 190

mamata2
on 10/8/15 7:38 am

I swear I am always the size everyone else wears. When I was bigger they never had the bigger sizes, now that I'm smaller it seems like they only have the bigger sizes. Ugh... maybe the cut I'm looking for is only desirable for a couple of sizes...

peachpie
on 10/8/15 8:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

size 8 -- WOW. I just can't fathom that. Glad you found stuff---I can always find stuff at Macy's.... that's the problem actually :-)

Today I was feeling pretty sharp in a pair of blue slacks with a white/blue polka dot blouse and blue cardigan....until my son told me I looked like a flight attendant. LOL...brat--I hate that he's right! Work is trying to make me insanely busy..I'm putting up a MAJOR fight!

Time since surgery 5+ months

Breakfast: Apple pie Greek yogurt and granola

S: Fruit up, cashews and cheese stick

L: Chicken breast over SW style salad

D: tossed some Split chicken breasts in the crock pot with some carrots, green beans and a potatoes.

Have a great day all!

LadyBaltimore
on 10/8/15 10:05 am
RNY on 07/27/15

I'm rooting for you that work gets less busy, peachpie!

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

Queen JB
on 10/8/15 8:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I went to a good support group meeting last night. Lots of protein samples and vitamin samples for us to try and take home. I had a protein coffee this morning that was nasty. I will stick to my yummy Chai, tomorrow. But looking forward to trying all of the new varieties, eventually... I am getting a little bored with my shake routine.

...11 weeks out...

B: Protein Coffee, veggie burger with reduced fat cheese and greek yogurt

L: Homemade chef's calad with avocado

D:Pork chop with pumpkin spice seasoning & cauliflower

S: Greek yogurt "bark" (I spread Greek yogurt in a shallow pan over parchment paper, and then stuck freeze dried strawberries all over it. Froze it overnight, and today I can break off a piece and eat it like white chocolate bark without the guilt. Thank you pinterest!)

Exercise

2 mile walk this morning, 1 mile run tonight, and soccer practice with my favorite 8 year old, later this aft!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

AnnyBananny
on 10/8/15 9:07 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Jealous that your support group is a good one - my program's? Not so much!

Can we talk about the greek yogurt "bark" for a minute? I've seen this on Pinterest a bunch of times, but never done it. I'm assuming you have to keep it in the freezer or it just turns back into yogurt, right? You don't like put anything in it to make it stay bark-y if left out?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014