Small pouch day vs. Intolerance

kerbear1969
on 6/23/16 3:12 am - MD

I'm 11 months out and having same issues, not knowing intolerance vs small pouch too much food.  I had sugarfree whip cream in my coffee along with sugar free hazelnut liquid creamer two days ago, I did fine.  Last night about an hour after dinner I did have the coffee again I felt like uuugghhh for several hours.  I completely understand.  I feel that it's intolerance to certain chemicals and foods.  Our bodies have completely changed we are like newborns learning to eat again, one food at a time.

RNY 8/6/15 HW 304 LW 124lbs RW 165 CW 140 Weight loss stats: Liquid Pre-op -35, August-18, September-12, October-11, November-18, December-16, January-12, February-10, March-11, April -8, May-11, June-5 July-5,August-6

SpunkyK3
on 6/23/16 11:02 am

I'm only 4 months out but I'm unable to eat any kind of meat, no matter what.  My surgeon said that I should keep trying, every once in a while, but that sometimes people have things they can't eat any longer.  For what reason, he doesn't know.  I may have to resign myself to the fact that I will no longer be able to eat meat, which doesn't make me happy because I love me some red steak!  Chicken seems to hit me the hardest ... the first small bit and I feel like I've swallowed a rock.  If I stop there, I usually don't hurl, but anything more than that, it's "good-bye chicken!"  Yuk. 

Good luck with your quest to eat chicken again.  Sounded like a yummy dinner!