Feeling defeated.

ShrinkingStacy
on 9/15/16 12:31 pm
RNY on 08/19/16

your doctors plan seems pretty agressive.. I am almost 4 weeks post op  I am allowed SOFT FOOD.. so cottage cheese , yogurts, refried beans, cheese, soups, chicken, turkey.    First of all let me say Its try and see with everything.  I can do chicken and turkey from the deli (its moist) of course chew chew chew to get it as small as possible.  I cannot do grilled or baked chicken its to dry but I can do steamed chicken and steamed (really steamed carrots)   The other thing I have learned is unsweetened applesauce is my best friend.  I use it to coat anything thats dry to help with the slide.  I tried tuna its to dry also even with mayo in it.. it**** and miss.  if you eat to much at once , to big of a bite its going to make you feel sick, if you drink to big a sip or to fast its going to make you feel sick.    The phlegm issue sounds like GERD are you taking omperazole daily?  We have to take it in our program for 90 days from surgery to prevent that from happening.. if you are not you may want to discuss that with your doctor.   I too am having trouble with fluid and protein  I cant do the drinks I did in preop  they are sluggish and make me feel sick.  I went and got Isopure unflavored whey protein isolate (stay away from concentrates if you are lactose intolerant which is common after surgery.. I add one scoop to something every day  Soup is my favorite  you cant taste it so it makes it easy  its 25g .. twice a day would be 50 and you would be close to goal

I hope it gets easier.. I think that I was most stunned with how repulsed I am about eating now.. Id almost rather not but I know its part of the process..