on 5/9/17 8:23 pm

Thank you, thank you Emiepie!

Bev7594
on 5/16/17 5:30 pm
RNY on 06/12/17

I am June 12th too. Good luck!

Au_Contraire
on 5/16/17 6:36 pm

Bev, thank you! I wish you good luck too! :)

Au_Contraire
on 5/16/17 6:52 pm

Hi Bev,

I sent you a friend request. I figured if you are up for it, we might lend each other a bit of extra support. :)

NotOldMomma
on 5/22/17 5:03 am

Did you start your diet? How's everything going? My date is June 13th now and I'm a ball of jitters already lol. I started my diet too and the exercise and it helps keep my mind off the actual DATE lol I do my exercises online videos and reward myself by coming on here and looking at before and after pics of everyone else and it sure does help with the motivation!

A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES STARTS WITH A SINGLE STEP. ......

Bev7594
on 5/22/17 7:23 am
RNY on 06/12/17

What videos do you recommend?

NotOldMomma
on 5/22/17 8:29 pm

Well everybody has to find what works for them, but the ones I started out with are for limited mobility (seated workouts) because of my bad knees I have trouble standing too long. But the first one I do, as like a warmup is made by MUVE, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si0LyPxwFKE&feature=youtu.be its a cute little Hawaiian type of chair dancing, then I do Launchpad LiveExercise, I do 30 reps of each of their exercises and they focus on each muscle individually and if I'm feeling it I add this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9eKsp6faJA&feature=youtu.be and then I always finish up with the little Hawaiian dance as a cooldown. I started out slow but now I've been doing them 2-3 times a day for 3 weeks, I can get my intensity going, get that heart rate up and burn more. I also found that those little back strengthening exercises they do really help, my back actually hurts less.

Side note, LaunchPad isn't loading right now... I use it every day if they discontinued it, I'm going to be sad.... but I probably know the reps off by heart now, it was just nice to have a buddy talking me through them...

Do you have any you like?

NotOldMomma
on 5/22/17 8:35 pm

PS- doing those exercises and per day, I'm eating 800-1000 cals, >25 carbs, no sugar, no flour, no breads, rice or pasta, I'm losing pretty nice amounts. That was my pre-op diet prescribed by my surgeon instead of 2 weeks of clear liquids. I've lost 17# in 3.5 weeks. Stay motivated! If my lazy butt can do it, you can too!

NotOldMomma
on 5/22/17 8:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-iKrlw00Dw this is launchpad, they deleted the specific one i do but theyre all pretty similar. I started out at the reps they were using and as I got more comfortable, I increased them. I'm currently at 30 reps, I just pause it when they finish so I can finish my reps and hit play, pause, play, pause lol

Bev7594
on 5/23/17 6:03 am
RNY on 06/12/17

Thanks! I do not have any videos yet, so this will be a good start. I like that I should be able to do them with my sore hip.