It's FINALLY here!

Rosemi
on 6/21/17 7:04 pm

Excellent, excellent, and excellent...you've worked a long time for this... I'm wishing you a healthy recovery...

OneBlueSock
on 6/22/17 2:38 am
RNY on 06/21/17

Hi guys!

Surgery went great and I'm feeling quite a bit better this morning! I'm excited to finally be on the loser's bench.

Yesterday was a little rough with pain and nausea but the nurses here have been great with helping me manage it.

I admit I had a couple moments where I was like....what have I done to myself, and I finally understand why everyone says its so hard to get your liquids and protein in....I barely managed to get one premier protein in and alternated it with water and popsicles! I'm not hungry at all and it is a weird sensation when I feel stuff hit mr. pouchypants. It doesn't hurt, just feels so odd.

No tooting so far, but burping like a pro and I've been walking laps...this morning they let me walk by myself and I did three circles of the floor before letting them hook me back up.

Another thing I didn't expect....not being able to pee for a bit. I had a catheter during surgery apparently and it took several attempts to convince my bladder to wake up and work again!

I do believe they are going to let me bust out of this joint today and I'll be able to go home :)

Thanks for all the kind words and support, you guys rock so much!

-Kelsey

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

Queen JB
on 6/22/17 3:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Sounds like you are doing great! Get your rest and keep healing

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
Recent Topics