Quitting smoking before consultation

Cyndy C.
on 9/24/17 8:07 am
RNY on 02/26/18

Oh wow!!! Way to go on 20 yrs!!!!! That is awesome my friend!! And I agree with the first 3 days being tough!!! Will definitely keep focused!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/24/17 7:33 am

Good luck. I quit 27 years ago. It was not easy. I used nicorette gum and slowly limited how much gum I used, mixing it with other SF gum. I would cut the nicotine gum in little pieces and used that as needed, popping SF gum together with that. I was able to switch to be just SF gum in 2-3 weeks.

The worse for me in first 6 months was being in social situations where other people smoked. I offen had to leave. Fyi- at that time people smoked in public places all the time. Once I had to get off the bus and wait for another because there were people on the bus that smell like cigarettes smoke and I could not get away from that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cc583
on 9/24/17 3:52 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Good for you! I quit before surgery too. I did it cold turkey and it was hard as hell. As others have said the first few days are the worst. I chewed on straws and gum. Good luck!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Kathyjs
on 9/25/17 4:47 pm

I asked God for help. Next day it was like I had never ever smoked . I had for over 20 years. Not sure I deserve this gift but I am thankful