What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

catwoman7
on 6/16/18 6:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Not looking forward to this scorcher of a weekend - at least I'll be inside for most of it. Today DH wants to go to some 1960s Teach-In thing which goes all day, so I'll tag along. Tomorrow I have to work all day - UGH - but at least it's my VERY LAST WEEKEND SHIFT EVER!! Yay!!

QOTD: I eat more (close your ears) fresh fruit in the summer, like berries, melon, and peaches - and I also eat (close your ears again!) corn on the cob sometimes in the summer. I also plan on drinking fruity protein shakes on hot days rather than my usual lattes or chocolate/vanilla shakes made with unsweetened cashew milk - too heavy. I have tubs of Syntrax iced tea, fuzzy navel, and grapefruit in my cupboard that I definitely use more of when it's hot. I like them mixed with Crystal Light lemonade.

3 years out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax/protein peach shake

L: not sure - we'll be at that Teach-In workshop. I'll take a protein bar with me in case there aren't any good options

AS: ??

D: corn on the cob and some kind of protein - maybe chicken salad (made with greek yogurt)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 6/16/18 6:14 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ TGISaturday!! Why oh why did I wake up at 5? I like being up early, but 6 would be nice...It's ok I guess, gets my day going sonner which means coffee sooner! Today we are headed to the park and then run some errands and shopping. I am learning to play chess! Rob and I will play a few games later and BBQ for dinner.

QOTD - I probably eat more salad in the summer and more warm food in the winter, but I live in California where we BBQ everything all year long. I don't think my protein changes much.

Accountability - I swapped my menu around, but it was all legit and my MFP totals came in lower than my original menu.

18mo+ post op -164.0

B- coffee x2, scrambled eggs w/mushrooms and onion

l- grilled chicken tenders and salsa

d- grilled swordfish and asparagus

v/l on track

E -walk walk walk

Have a great day all~!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Maddymoe2
on 6/16/18 7:19 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning! I love the weekend. I'm sitting here drinking my coffee with the window open listening to the birds.

Yard work is on the agenda for today and my husband and I are building a shed to keep our garbage cans and recycles in. I'm looking forward to spending the day with him.

I bought some new tennis shoes yesterday and some workout clothes. I love how they fit. I'm excited for my walk/run today.

QOTD- My go to food when its hot is chicken salad. I make a big batch of it with lots of celery and onion and a few grapes cut in half. I use light mayo. My family loves it. I just eat it plain or with cucumber slices. Its cold and refreshing. I saw that someone uses greek yogurt. I think that I may try that.

B- 1 egg, 3 oz black forest ham, 1 oz light motz

L- chicken sausage sliced and sauteed with 1 c. shredded cabbage

D- something on the grill

Lots of water and my vitamins

Have a great day.

peachpie
on 6/16/18 9:37 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Afternoon folks! It's a gorgeous day here!! I'm in Jersey at my niece's recital. Never been to one before- the costumes I see parents lugging in makes me glad that I have boys :-)

rin is done- day20. No plans today.

Qotd: summer is not really any different for me than the rest of the year. Same breakfasts, same lunches. I'm the summer I get bigger desires for summer favorites lites potato salad- it if I have it once during the summer content.

216 today, 3.1 years out

m1: protein shake

m2: 2 mini waffles and slice of bacon

m3: protein bar

m4: ??

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

NANNY13
on 6/16/18 11:47 am
WLS on 12/21/15

Boiled eggs or tuna creations are my go to or shrimp or roll ups with deli ham or turkey cheese and lettuce

However today is the day before grocery shopping so here we have the planned meals

2 protein coffees

Hickory smoked tuna creations (never got it down yesterday)

2 boiled eggs 1 at a time of course (lol)

8 oz of steak(broken up in 2 oz servings during the day)

Protein 80.5

Calories 730

fat 53

carbs 1

Megdot582
on 6/16/18 12:29 pm, edited 6/16/18 5:30 am
RNY on 04/30/18

Last night we went to a baseball game. We always make it to one when my team is in town. They lost last night, but it was a super good game. Although the folks behind and next to me nearly got into a fight...and they were fans of the same team!!! The guy behind though was super loud and obnoxious, very....expressive. And when he would express he would hit the woman beside me. Finally she had had enough. Can't say I blame her really. It was just a shame to see that. I don't mind being heckled when I am at the local teams field wearing visiting colors, but there was only one drunk guy who gave me any trouble and even he wasn't so bad.

{Edited to include Qotd!}

Qotd: I don't know, this will be my first protein forward summer, but I think sliced deli meat will definitely be a go to. I love grilling so will be experimenting a lot with that.

I am posting super late because I only woke up about an hour ago...

Accountability: I was so high on calories yesterday, 908. It came down to a snack I had before the game to try to help increase protein, and then for dinner I had a ground beef patty with cheese. Ground beef is soooo many calories.

BF: 1 slice Dave's Killer Bread thin Powerseed, 1 hard boiled egg, 1t margarine, 1t sugar free apricot preserves

MS: None since I am awake so late

L: 1 Kroger brand ranch tuna packet

AS: 2oz deli meat, 1 laughing cow wedge, 3 triscuits

D: 1 serving Real Good Chicken crust pizza

A premier protein and sugar free cool whip after dinner at some point if I need the protein.

aiming for 700 calories today!

seattledeb
on 6/16/18 4:34 pm, edited 6/16/18 9:35 am

I had season tickets to the Mariners for years.

Friday nights were so different than any other time. Really bad when the Yankees were in town.

We usually gave those tickets away. My favorite games are day games during the week. Always a fun crowd.

Megdot582
on 6/16/18 6:41 pm
RNY on 04/30/18

I kinda wish I could go tomorrow, a day game and a Sunday. I have been told those are pretty good too. We wouldn't do season tickets, but I hope to get to more games next year. I am a die hard Red Sox fan, but the mariners are my number two team.

seattledeb
on 6/16/18 7:03 pm

We had a man sitting next to us in the Kingdome. He wore his Mariners hat unless Boston was in town.

seattledeb
on 6/16/18 4:39 pm

My diet doesn't change much.

It has been one year since I ate toast. This is a miracle.

Today..ham,yogurt,lots of coffee. My son is post wisdom tooth removal . Today I am his short order cook for soft foods.

Most Active
Recent Topics