What's on your Wednesday Menu RNY'ers?

Julia S.
on 10/10/18 10:20 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD: I went to Costco on Monday, I've been running out of clothes to wear and between sizes so I bought a Size 14 pants figuring I would wear them soon. I tried them on and they fit!!! This is the first time in years I have been able to buy clothing at Costco. I've gone from Size 22 to Size 14. I have a bunch of clothes from about 6 years ago, I've had them in plastic bins in my spare room. I've gone down the sizes and found I only had a few 14's so I wanted to supplement them until I get to the 12's. I refuse to wear baggy clothes anymore.

Accountability was a little off yesterday 1070 calories, 83 protein, 24 fat and 75 carbs. It's still only 70 calories above, so I'm not sweating it.

Still mostly doing greek yogurt and Syntrax Nectar to get my protein in. But I got a convection oven air fryer that I want to try making beer battered halibut, no chips but I've been craving it and wondering if it can be made successfully in an air fryer. I'll let you know.

Have a good hump day! We will survive until Friday.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Au_Contraire
on 10/10/18 12:09 pm

"I refuse to wear baggy clothes anymore". - I love that! Congratulations on your new smaller size!

Megdot582
on 10/10/18 11:22 am
RNY on 04/30/18

Stopping in quickly. Morning menu folks. I am having some issues lately. Breakfast is seriously upsetting my little pouch. I have tried several different breakfasts and all are having the same result. Bad gas, rumbly tummy, discomfort. It lasts a few hours then is fine. Lunch and dinner are okay.

Qotd: No new NSV's... a new thing but not sure it is a "victory". My lack of padding in the hip area is leading to sore hips when I wake up. Interesting problem to have now!

Accountability: weeeelllll my boys won last night. I stress ate leading up to the game, and had a bite of celebratory cupcake when they won. I ended up at 1200 calories.

Bf: premier protein shake, a tiny slice of apricot bread

MS: nothing

L: not sure. It will depend on how my stomach is feeling. I am hoping for chicken salad.

AS: babybel, protein water

D: leftover turkey chili, 4 triscuits

Goals: 800 calories, 85g protein, 100oz water, 1hour treadmill, all vitamins

Amy Liz
on 10/10/18 12:15 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I remember sore hips! And my knees touching while laying on my side bothered me too. It gets better, or you just get used to it, not sure!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Megdot582
on 10/10/18 12:59 pm
RNY on 04/30/18

It sounds like a such a strange thing! I am getting the knee thing a little bit. Problems I never thought I would have!

LuckyLoser
on 10/10/18 1:56 pm - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

I'm sorry to hear about your breakfast woes, but I can relate. I am having an upset pouch at any meal with solid food.

What I can tolerate in the morning is a glass of lactose-free, non-fat milk. I mix it with sugar free Hershey's chocolate syrup and Unjury protein supplement. This seems to be the only think that doesn't distress my pouch so sometimes it is dinner, too!

I see that you had a Premier Protein shake this morning. Did that upset your pouch? I think it might be milk based and maybe you have developed a partial or total lactose intolerance. That tends to occur more often as we get older and can happen more frequently after RNY.

If the shake is milk-based, you may want to try taking some lactase tablets with it or switch to something that is lactose-free.

It's just a thought . . .

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

Julia S.
on 10/10/18 3:26 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I developed lactose intolerance after surgery, and had to get rid of all the Premier Protein shakes. I can use lactaid pills and have cottage cheese, I refuse to spend over $6 for the lactaid cottage cheese. I use lactose free milk for making custard. Try eliminating the milk products and see if that helps. I got severe cramping and gas. I was probably intolerant before but never figured it out.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Au_Contraire
on 10/10/18 11:41 am, edited 10/10/18 4:47 am

Hello my RnY friends, and hello to my fellow AMAW/CAMAW dieters!

Day 1 of AMAW has begun! I'm excited about doing this and hope to enter the 140's when the week is done - crossing my fingers!

This week I am going to a play, and out to dinner twice. I went to a political meeting yesterday to meet/hear from some candidates for local office. Holy moly, was that ever a dull event! Excruciatingly boring doesn't even begin to describe how stupefyingly boring it was! It was all I could do not to fall asleep! Oh well - at least I now know which candidates to vote for! But aside from that, I had a wonderful birthday!

QOTD: Before surgery, at my peak of 353#, moving was exhausting. I couldn't even make it around the block. Airports were a nightmare, requiring frequent stops to catch my breath. No way could I run to catch a flight! I'd have to flag down one of those golf cart vehicles and beg for mercy. Sitting in a plane was an even worse experience. I really was a mess. I'm so grateful now - I can walk forever, wear whatever I want (except I don't do sleeveless now, nor have i put on a bathing suit), I enjoy the way I look and feel, and in general I feel that I have recovered my life!

Today is the First day of AMAW!

First: Three mugs of tea!

B: chicken

L: beef

D: salmon

S: salmon

Have a wonderful day!

cc583
on 10/10/18 3:00 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi everyone,

QOTD: Can't really think of anything recent.

Accountability: I had a small slice of smoked kielbasa that wasn't planned.

B: 2eggs, 1/2 slice of cheese, 1/2 serving turkey breakfast sausage

L: 3oz turkey breast

S: 2oz turkey breast

D: 4.5 oz grilled skinless chicken thigh, 1/2C broccoli rabe, 2 slices tomato

S: ostrim meat stick

Cals:637, Carbs:7, Protein:93

Enjoy the rest of your night everybody!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 450 views