White Dove
on 1/25/24 6:47 am - Warren, OH

if it's not supposed to move and it does use duct tape,

it is supposed to move and it doesn't then WD-40

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 1/25/24 7:44 am
RNY on 11/21/16

We have a traditional very firm mattress (no extra cushion) and a 3 inch foam topper both from Costco. The mattress alone had me in pain every day. The topper was a life saver and I'm still very happy.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Sheila_H
on 1/25/24 8:44 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Grim, your question couldn't be more timely. We are in the market for a new mattress too. On my running days I have to put a heating pad in bed otherwise my hips are killing me. It's funny because I can sleep anywhere when we go out of town and even the couches seem more comfortable than our bed. So we are on the hunt for a soft mattress. DH due to his sleep apnea always wanted a firm mattress and I am sick of hard mattresses. Costco has a good variety that we might look at this weekend.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Grim_Traveller
on 1/25/24 12:50 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

If I were going to order online right now, I'd go with the Saatva that PP mentioned. Some of the other "innerspring" mattresses get delivered compressed, in a box. That seems like just more memory foam. The Saatva is delivered full size, and they'll haul the old one away at no charge.

We're going to a furniture store to check out a variety. The one we have now is a memory foam from Costco, at about 500 bucks. Maybe it's fine. It might just be me. But I'm tired of sleeping in 2-3 hour shifts and getting up in pain.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 1/25/24 1:16 pm - Amarillo, TX

Boy do I feel that last sentence! Wishing you good luck with shopping.

I would love to get a better bed for my adjustable bed. Someday. I had a hard time adjusting to a twin extra long. I was so used to having my feet hang off. Now I usually slide down for my toes to hang off.

Mel

catwoman7
on 1/25/24 4:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have a massage and class today. Hopefully the sidewalks will be OK (roads are fine). Yesterday I went over to the neighbor's who's looking for an occasional cat sitter for upcoming vacations. I'd never met her before. They don't know when they'll be going on vacation, but they just want to have people lined up for when they do. It'll be an easy job - she'll have a house sitter who'll be spending the night there and doing the litter box and feeding the cat in the morning, so I'll just have to go feed him again in the afternoon. She said she'd pay me $20 a visit, which I protested at first because that means nothing to me - I'd just do it for free - but she insisted, so I guess that's that. That seems like a lot of $$ to walk down the street and plop half a can of food in a cat dish, but whatever. I guess we can use it to go out for a nice dinner or something. She and her husband seemed really nice.

QOTD: I've always done my own, but we'll probably have MIL's CPA do them next year and from here on out. She has a brokerage account that DH will be inheriting, and we looked at a couple of her previous years' returns. They look way over my pay grade. Worse than my mother's. I don't need the stress.

coffee with half & half

either a protein waffle or a rye crumpet, L&F creme brulee

protein shake

another L&F yogurt, piece of Danish rye bread with butter

hot & sour soup

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 1/25/24 6:52 am, edited 1/24/24 10:53 pm - Warren, OH

I always insist I?m paying too. Just keeps me from feeling like I?m asking for a favor, even though I am. if they refuse the money I get them a card with a gift certificate to a restaurant they like

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 1/25/24 4:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and welcome Jr Friday. It's vacation week for me so maybe no as excited abou Thursday already but I get it.

good luck today QJB, is it in person or virtual. I hope they decide on the schedule that aligns best for all your opportunities. I'm confident you will get the offer!

The Truman White House had a power outage and we couldn't tour it yesterday so it's on the agenda for today, plus at least two shows during the day and then the main show from 5 to 10. Yesterday the shows we saw were in two places so much less walking miles but today they are going to have us bouncing from one sside of town to the other. we did go to the Key West Art and History museum. A great exhibit on Henry Flager's overseas railroad and an odd art exhibit based on Cracker Jack toys from the 40s to 60s.

qotd - I've only one them myself

Yesterday was only 4.5 miles walking

poached eggs with delicious multigrain bread

4 jalapeño poppers

miso soup, spring roll, chicken dumlping

i skinny Paloma - sparkling water plus grapefruit vodka and tequila, it was tasty

Have a terrific Thursday all

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 1/25/24 7:17 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

A bit of Trivia in case you did not know: Crispy Klondikes the crispies are Craker Jack crumbs.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/25/24 1:14 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I did not know that!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 496 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 563 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?