What's on your Thursday Menu?

Emiepie
on 2/8/24 6:17 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Gorgeous flowers.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 2/9/24 1:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Such pretty tulips!

oh and jelly beans are a special kind of evil, they are a fav of mine but I do love the black ones the most.

Mel

Sheila_H
on 2/8/24 8:21 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

QJB, depending on the neighborhood, a 1.5 mile (3 miles total) walk can be your steps for the day. Hope today's exploration brings you an acceptable resolution.

Our new mattress arrived yesterday and I think we had one of the best nights sleeps in a long time (thanks Jen for the rec). I don't want to be too optimistic but the bed feels so comfy, even Luna had a hard time getting up this morning. Mattress related, the guys delivering it had a "Friends Pivot" moment bringing it up the stairs. I was laughing hysterically and trying to tell them why I was laughing. Had to even google the Spanish word for pivot but the joke was lost in translation, until I showed them the scene on YouTube. We all had a good laugh about it.

QOD: nope. DH usually goes out surfing because there is nobody around and more waves for him to catch. I don't even understand the game, so couldn't care less. But if I catch the commercials at the right time I'll watch those. Although this year I'd love to see how many times they show TS on the screens just to see football bros' heads explode.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Shredded chicken, chicken meatballs
  • Jello, barebells bar, pecorino cheese with few grapes
  • Starbucks egg bites
  • E: 1 hr elliptical

Happy almost Friday-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Julia S.
on 2/8/24 9:19 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- No unless it's my team I have no interest in the Super Bowl.

Menopause sucks, I had a hysterectomy so was in instant Menopause. Hot flashes are no joke. I still find my body is not as good at regulating its temperature as it used to be. I used to love the heat, but find it's hard to tolerate now. I go from being hot to being cold, but upper body is hot and my legs and feet are freezing. My solution at night is to shut off the vent in my bedroom so that it cools down the the mid 60's. I always sleep with a electric blanket, a wool blanket, and down comforter. In the summer I ditch the electric blanket. I have 2 weights of down comforter but find I can't use the heavier one any more. Aging is not for wimps.

I wasn't very good yesterday. My dinner was a bag of popcorn and a box of Milk Duds. Way too many calories and no protein. I've been really good sticking around 1000 calories and 70g of protein, but not yesterday. I don't even want to enter it into Fitbit, but I will.

Still having issues with my work software. It is not working, so I can't work. Very frustrating! I've created 2 tickets but no response yet.

OK I'm really late to the game but started watching Doctor Who on Britbox last night. I've always kind of avoided it, it just seemed pretty stupid. But I've seen the first episode from I think it's 1963 and it wasn't bad, so I will continue. It will give me tons of things to watch. I'm hooked on Line of Duty, and have been watching one my old favorites Waiting for God. I love British TV. I've read almost all of the Ann Cleeve books so I started watching Vera and will watch Shetland. My roommate doesn't understand my obsession with British TV.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Dcgirl
on 2/8/24 10:09 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning! Omg I feel that meme deeply. When I have a headache, I assume it's a brain tumor (it's a sinus infection). When I have a bad scab from a burn, I assume it's gangrene, it's not. I'm this weird hypochondriac who does a teledoc, proposes what calamity I think I have, am told by the medical professional what it REALLY is, and then I move along haha. I know to trust the experts!

I had a huge Instacart order deliver including two rotisserie chickens so I deboned them and started a crockpot of stock. It smells delightful.

Julia, such a smart thing to do a test run, and it sounds like a fun outing too!

I had such a great workout this morning - it was my Thursday zoom workout with friends and I brought in some jazzercise cardio songs and routines and we all left on a high, laughing and sweating.

B: chicken! Warm, off the bone

L: I'm so sick of it but the last of the Chipotle with more chicken added so this is it! And I can serve DH that as well so last nights dinner leftovers are today's dinner. No cooking today!

D: you guessed it. Pollo. Maybe with some new sauce I picked up at TJs. I'll report back.

Have a great day all! Oh I almost forgot the question.

we will watch the game and eat appetizers but no one is rooting for either team.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 293 views
Queen JB · 26 replies · 219 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
Queen JB · 26 replies · 219 views