What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 2/20/24 1:45 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

My scale gets weird right before the batteries die.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 2/20/24 2:04 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I'm going to change them tonight. Hopefully that is the problem!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 2/20/24 5:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Mmmmm pizza and Stromboli! Yesterday flew by and today probably will as well. Payroll distribution day and a few other meetings. My allergies are killing me. I thought I was starting to get a cold, but my sister reminded me that every year at this time my allergies are a mess when a certain tree starts to bloom and they are everywhere!

QOTD: I've had my PCP for over 20 years too and wouldn't want to change. I usually can get in pretty easily when needed.

TSS: 9 years 6 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Shredded chicken breast, zero carb tortillas, cauliflower rice, guacamole, banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1467 Protein:115 Carbs:136 Fat:55

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 2/20/24 8:02 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Same with the allergies not a cold deal. I hope you feel better!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 2/20/24 7:16 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you feel better too.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 2/20/24 6:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin All!

we met with MIL's accountant yesterday (a CPA who's been doing her taxes since she moved here four years ago). Wow - very impressed. We got more info from her than we got from our lawyer or our bank person - and realized we have more work to do! She suggested we open an estate checking account for her (MIL) so we can actually use her money to pay for some of this stuff we're going to need to pay, since the bank has frozen her old account (it's labeled TOD (transfer on death) to DH, but they won't issue him the funds until they're sure everything is cleared, including any tax refunds or payments that may not be until April or May- but with this estate account, the IRS can just deposit or withdraw from the estate account (so we can now close the old account), and meanwhile, DH will have access to the funds to boot. Not sure why we weren't told this by the bank??). UGH. I thought I went into all this fairly well-prepared since I took care of most of the financial stuff when my dad died, but MIL's situation is more complicated. Plus she was a widow. My dad was still married when he died, so I didn't have to deal with the bank since his wife was still alive and her name was on their bank accounts (I just got to deal with his investments and made sure everyone got their inheritance when we were cleared to have that distributed (plus I had to put beneficiary lists on those accounts because he didn't have any listed - which can possibly cause issues..and definitely would have in his case since it was a second marriage and he did a crappy job of estate planning)). Boy - so much to learn and do when this happens. At least we won't have to deal with probate.

This afternoon I have the quarterly "family conference" re: the woman for whom I'm a legal guardian, plus class. It's a beautiful day, so I'll go for a long walk as well. Food was terrific yesterday - and it will be today, too! I'm going to skip a potluck event that's scheduled for Saturday because I think I need several days of "good" eating before I put myself in situations where I'm tempted to overeat. Hopefully within a couple of weeks I'll be back on the straight and narrow again.

QOTD: sometimes yes, sometimes no. Annual exams - never. They schedule those a year out. As for things that pop up, sometimes my PCP (or one of the other internists in the practice) happens to be available, or if not, their NP often is. Or I can also go over to urgent care. So yes - I can get care right away, but sometimes it's with someone other than my PCP.

coffee with 1/2 and 1/2

Chobani zero sugar yogurt with 1/2 an ataulfo mango

protein shake

bagged salad and a light cheese stick or two

1/2 C chocolate "mousse" (made with cottage cheese) with a dollop of light Cool Whip and some raspberries

1/2 veggie burger, roasted asparagus

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Mkess
on 2/20/24 7:42 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

It's s a sunny day and looking to be a balmy 56°.

I have a pretty low-key day. I just have some work to catch up on for regulatory things and state requirements at the club. I have normal proactive work items to accomplish otherwise.

QOTD- I don't have much of a problem setting up a doctor's appointment last minute if something's needed. However I do have a problem actually seeing the doctor because I refuse to sign the consent still. The attorneys are conferring with other attorneys and will get back to me still. This has been going on two weeks. I'm leaning more towards switching my medical care at this point.

B: nothing. Was in a rush out the door and forgot to eat breakfast.

L: Italian Beef and fries.

D: Crawfish remoulade. Greens.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Melody P.
on 2/21/24 2:05 am - Amarillo, TX

Dealing with medical clerical issues is just such a huge pain in the ass!

Mel

Lisa91941
on 2/20/24 7:52 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

It's a little cold and drizzly here, but I hope it's marching out of here for Jim and Marilyn. It's going to chilly, but hopefully clear. And my chilly and Jim's chilly probably don't compare. I got so much done yesterday. Love checking things off my to do list. Foods were great but I didn't not get much fluid in. At least the fluids I did manage were all zero calorie. Was kind of a small pouch day. Woot. The doctor ordered an MRI on my right ankle. We are going to start working on that side and then figure out the left side. Weirdly, they think some of this is actually a result of a "birth defect" I was born with. My feet were turned in and backwards at birth, and I wore braces for a year to turn them the right way. They think that caused very loose ligaments in my feet and ankles and hence the reason I injure them so easily. Interesting. Also, it's not like you can really target ankle muscles to build up like quads, so this could be something that aging will just bring more issues and I'm going to need to learn to live with it.

Today I have a meeting at my side hustle bathroom job, need to run to the store and one of us needs to stay home to sign for the case of wine the new guy apparently refuses to leave at the door like the UPS chick does. I even left a note yesterday asking them to leave it or ask a neighbor to sign for it, but I don't think UPS was working yesterday. And then dinner with Jim and Marilyn in a beautiful, bayside restaurant. There is going to be a LOT of food this week!

QoTD: Like DCGirl, I benefit from concierge service care and I am grateful for it. Love my doc and communicate with him in every form available.

Menu today

B: 1 TJ's chicken and garlic sausage scrambled into an egg

L: last of the beef kebob

D: TBD!

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Greateight
on 2/20/24 8:43 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I wore those braces also

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 284 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views