An update - 10 days out and life is getting better

Loriliane
on 1/11/08 9:49 pm - Knoxville, TN

Finally, I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Things have smoothed out for me considerably since I went to the ER Monday and had my main lap incision opened and drained. I went to my surgeon's office Thursday to have my drain taken out - very weird experience.  They also checked the incision and said it's looking great. I can now dress myself, take a shower without the little invalid shower seat, lol.  I can change my own dressings, get my own meds together, etc.  And yesterday, I started driving.  YES, I am MOBILE!!! I can't pack my incision because of where it is - can't see it.  So my boyfriend's doing that for me.  It hurts like the dickens, but I get through it. My tummy is working better and better, it seems.  At first, I had a lot of indigestion and gas, but that is starting to resolve. My buyers remorse is actually starting to fade.  I wouldn't say I'm glad I had the surgery at this point, but I'm not sitting here sobbing out of regret anymore either. Oh, and did I mention I had lost 12 lbs when I went to the doctor on Thursday (that was 8 days out)!!! I'm starting to have more and more head hunger, but it's not causing me distress, really.  Plus, after all the terror I had at first of dying/complications, I'll take a little head hunger any day. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all *****ached out ot me during those first few days.  Your words helped more than you know. Love, Lori

DanielleG
on 1/11/08 10:43 pm - philadelphia, PA
sorry to hear you had a hard time in the beginning. i am glade this are looking up for you now and congratulations on the loss so far.
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/08 10:46 pm
I am SO glad things are turning around for you--being mobile really improved my mood, that's for sure.  Take care :)
fat-G
on 1/11/08 10:50 pm - TN

Lori,

Why do I have to say the obvious?  So let me make it clear, Girl you are going to Rock your RNY. You’re over the nastiest part and it’s just going to get better everyday. Protein & H2O baby.

It’s unmistakable……… You are a winner!!!!

inatiff
on 1/11/08 11:05 pm - Elyria, OH
I am sorry you had such a rough start.  I am 17 days out and almost feel like I am back to a more normal life.  I am sleeping good and even having a cup of joe in the morning. Good to hear you are getting back to feeling better. My thoughts and prayers are with you to continue on a good healing path. Blessings Tina
tommiejean_27
on 1/11/08 11:53 pm - Sherwood, AR
I am so glad that you are feeling better.  I was watching your posts closely and as a pre op I was getting more and more scared about my upcoming surgery.  My nerves are feeling a little bit better today!  Thank you for the update!!  Again, so glad you are feeling a bit better!!!!  Have a great weekend!

Surgery Date - June 13, 2008

Laurel73
on 1/12/08 1:28 am
Lori, I am so glad to see things are looking brighter for you.  I have been following you, thanks for updating.  As soon as the bandages are gone things get even better.  I had to pamper my incision for a little while too and as soon as that was done the sunshine came out.  Day by day and each day is better.  So glad you are doing better.

jakes_mom03
on 1/12/08 2:12 am - Canada
Lori, It is so nice to hear you are starting to feeling better and better.  It will hopefully only better better from here on in! Shelley