Newbie.... with a whole bunch of issues!

Leslie Rodriguez
on 11/9/04 5:18 am - Lorton, VA
Like the others said, YES, get that sleep study ASAP! You sound just like most people with OSA. The getting up to use the bathroom is so true for me, for instance (along with choking, snoring, snorting awake/semi-awake, etc.). The funny thing is that after I started using CPAP, I never ONCE have had to do that!! I think that what was happening was that the multiple wakings-up made me THINK that I had to go, so I got up and went ... but obviously it wasn't necessary. (For the sleep study, I just said 'I have to go' and they came in immediately and unhooked me. I also was amazed that I slept at all that night, but it was enough to get some results.) It's like my acid reflux. I had that for years, took medicine religiously, watched what I ate ... and I haven't taken ONE pill since the CPAP!! There is a definite link between apnea and reflux problems! Check out my favorite web site, for more details: www.talkaboutsleep.com ~~Leslie
arlene S.
on 11/13/04 1:40 pm - berwyn, IL
Hi Beth, Im also 44 and your story is like reading my journal. I cant believe it. This is my first time on this forum, Im usually on the lapband forum. Anyway I also was snoring so loud and got up at least ten times a night. In the morning i would fall asleep sitting up on the couch, and i still would be so tired all day long. so I did the study and have severe sleep apnea, I stopped breathing 67 times an hour, pretty scary. But now I have a cpap machine and I feel so much better and cant sleep without it. You really get used to it within a few days at least I did. Been using it for 9 months and feel like my old self. So I say go for it you wont regret it. Losing over 60 lbs has also helped alot. well good luck to you. ARLENE
Most Active