Recent Posts

michelle A.
on 11/25/18 7:45 am - newport
Topic: RE: VBG revision

ð?'? hi there!

It's a year later BUT finally in 2 days I have surgery to remove the eroded ring and at the same time he will give me a Full gastric bypass.

I found a surgeon in my small state (an hour and half away from me but at least it's in my state). I feel confident he knows what he's doing ?, he has a huge practice and a whole floor to the hospital just for his patients.

Im on day 13 of my pre surgery liquid diet (thanksgiving was Worst)

How's your weight loss going? How about eating, still no throwing up?

Since you've already gone thru this, do you have any words of wisdom for me?

Thank you, and Belated Happy thanksgiving

okgal50
on 11/28/17 8:05 am

Wow that's tough. Up here in Canada it was covered by our health care and my surgeon did an amazing job. No more food (especially meat) getting stuck and fixed a lot of those issues. Revised to a RNY gastric bypass and best thing I ever did. Should have done that in the first place but VBG was what was offered to me back then. There are some medical travel choices I would definitely consider. Here is a good website.

Cosmetic Travel Solutions on Facebook

I think she has gone to every place she recommends and checked it out herself. It's not just cosmetics but other stuff too.

Good luck with your situation. Keep us posted!

michelle A.
on 11/21/17 4:38 pm - newport

How did your revision go? I need one now because my VGB eroded and now I have no restriction at all ? was 407lbs when I started this back in 1997, went down to 130 (not by choice) because of the infection H-pylori, but once the Hpylori was cured the infection stayed on the ring and it eroded itself and is now just hanging out inside of my pouch and gives absolutely no restriction and I'm back up to 242 pounds. I wanna cry because there's NO dr's who will touch me in my state

michelle A.
on 11/21/17 4:33 pm - newport

has Your Dr looked for H-pylori?

Thats what my dr found when I started vomiting ANYTHING I ate again (18 yrs after surgery)

csingram
on 8/29/17 11:22 am
Topic: Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG

Learned a couple of years ago that I have a gastro-gastric fistula. I had the VBG in 1986. I lost from 260 to 170 in the course of about 2 years. Then started gaining because it was easier to eat like I did before the surgery. Since then, back on the "diet wagon" fluctuating up and down with the weight. 7 years ago I went on the Atkins diet and did well - back down to 170. Now, nothing seems to work. Current weight is 207. Anyone else have the gastro-gastric fistula and have you been told it led to weight gain?

tracy O.
on 9/28/16 11:39 am - shelby

I am looking into VBG also. I was banded in 2004 HW-350 LW-208 CW-260 and I still throw up food everyday. please keep us posted as to how things go for you.

VBG 2004 SW: 360   CW:260   GOAL WEIGHT: 150 - LOOKING INTO RNY

" LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS.....IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN "

cmbeall
on 8/14/16 11:48 am - Parrottsville, TN

I have the same issue. I am looking into have something done.  Still new to educating myself as to what options have open to me.  Never knew they could do a revision.  Good luck!

okgal50
on 4/15/16 7:11 am
Topic: VBG revision

Well I am two weeks away from my old vertical banded gastroplasty being revised to a RNY.  It has been a long time now, 13 years and I should have looked into this 10 years ago as the surgery never really did much other than make me throw food back up - a lot.   I did get a feeling of full in the beginning, but it slowly went away and the weight slowly came back.  Anyone else out there have this revision?  It's hard to find similar situations as mine.  

Lois S.
on 1/24/16 1:56 pm - Neenah, WI
Topic: RE: sleeve or the switch

Hi Kerry,

The type of surgery shouldn't be based on how well the statistics are.  There are different types of surgeries because people are overweight for many reasons.  I had the VBG almost 12 years ago, lost 145 lbs, and have kept it off this whole time.  I received many criticisms because the surgery success rate is less than that of others.  Well, the truth is that every surgery works, but it only works was long as as well as the patient chooses to work it.  There are enough people who have had the revisions and have gained the weight back, but it is because the steps taken, the lifestyle changes that were made during their success are left by the wayside once the goal has been met.  There is no 100% guarantee that whatever surgery you get will keep the weight off.  That is completely up to you and you have to make the decision to change your life, the things you eat, the way you eat and choices you make in order to ensure success.  This is not a quick fix, but a lifetime change.  Good luck.

Kerri_L_Denter
on 1/18/16 11:28 pm
VSG on 03/01/16
Topic: sleeve or the switch

Hello. I'm Kerri and new to the process. I'm 5'2" and weigh 225. It looks like my surgery will be in March.

I have been reading forums and having second thoughts which I brought up to my nurse today. I was thinking of maybe doing the switch instead. I notice a lot of folks do not lose all of the excess weight with the sleeve and can easily gain it backback. My nueae said they felt the sleeve would be beat as I don't have an excessive amount if weight to lose. I'm just getting confused. When I went to the seminar the Dr seemed to really push the switch as results are better.

Can anyone give me advice? Does the sleeve help with hunger like the switch and other surgeries?

Thanks in advance

Kerri

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4299 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8552 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8079 views