BCBS of IL changing requirements

MELMEL308
on 4/15/11 5:44 am - PA
turns out after speaking with my doctor today that the only reason i got this letter was because I originally was going for the bypass, and they have to resubmit the claim for VSG. My doctor's office is telling me eveything will be fine...I sure hope so.
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
Eileen36
on 4/15/11 11:53 am - PA
I heard this was happening, so I was especially worried about getting denied back in January b/c I was afraid that the plan might change before I could resubmit. Fortunately, they accepted my PCP's notes from the 3 (calendar - not actual 30 days)months and letter of medical necessity. The one thing I thought was ridiculous was that, according to their policy when I submitted, you had to show FAILURE of 3 months of dieting. I even called several times to clarify. So I ended up losing and regaining about 13 pounds in the three months.

Sorry you have to deal with this. Hang in there!
Eileen

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 6/8/12!! - LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift & Medial Thigh Lift             
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 157 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 429 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 448 views