Mexico?

ToDream
on 5/20/11 2:27 pm - Comox, Canada
I went to Tijuana and had my surgery with Dr Almanza.  Great experience. Highly recommend this doctor.  It was awesome!

Follow my Entire Journey at www.myaceinhand.blogspot.com

VSG April 25,2011   SW 223/ GW 135/ CW 135

WLS goal reached Feb 2012... now on to my body reconstruction Early 2014!!  

NoEscape21
on 5/20/11 10:19 pm - Apopka, FL
I also went through beliteweight and had my surgery dont by dr. rodriguez, but when they are in the Tijuana  location. I am happy and haven't had any complications. I would do it again in a heartbeat. They also financed me as well.
  Unicorns fart rainbows and magic!              HW:272 SW:260 GW:120
 Blog:  Weighed Down: A blog about becoming a former fat girl
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

dec721
on 5/20/11 11:01 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Ditto Dr. Alvarez.  He is a wonderful surgeon, and I had a completely problem-free experience.  I highly recommend him: endobariatric.com
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 11:12 pm
Dr. Aceves, I go this week woot!!!!!!!  I plan on taking a million pictures and doing a long write up on here about my experience.

It'll be my first time out of country LOL

I'm not sure exactly what all to expect, but its a journey :)   I wouldn't mind a copy of that Aceves message too :)

The financing half of it OMG don't even get me started abbout all of the medical finance companies, crooks the lot of them.  We didnt think we'd get approved locally so never tried. So I think I have experience with every medical finance company you could want feedback from. In the end none of them were willing to finance the entire 9k for my surgery. Got up to 8k. With SUBSTANTIAL fees built in (they add between 1k and 3k as their commission right on the top, and then interest goes on top of that for an effect interest rate of up to 60%). 

I was pretty bummed and my husband said to heck with it and we went to the local credit union. In a half hour we were approved with 4% interest and no fees for the entire amount we needed.

Holy **** that was easy. Get denied locally by a credit union and then a bank before touching the loan sharks. PM me if you have questions.
SpiceyMom
on 5/20/11 11:54 pm
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Another Alvarez patient here. I had no problems and at a little over three weeks out I'm out walking and eating mushies and doing great! I really just feel normal, like I never had it done. Well, other than the restriction, which is great.

I get the feeling Dr. Aceves has a nicer hospital situation, though...

On a different note, I think you are right about people passing away while waiting for surgery. My sister in law is just starting the six month diet her insurance requires and we are all worried she won't make it that long. It's frustrating, for sure.
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
cabcab
on 5/21/11 12:35 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I had my surgery with Dr. Alvarez in Mexico.  Loved him and his staff.  I am pretty sure that they have a company that they arrange financing through.  Susan, his coordinator, can answer any question you might have.

Good luck!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

shunt1960
on 5/23/11 3:26 am
VSG on 04/28/10 with
I had my surgery with Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta and highly recommend him and his team. Had a wonderful experience and recovery.
Margo N.
on 5/23/11 3:45 am
I'm Canadian and also could not stand the idea of waiting 5 or more years for this surgery. I went to Dr.Aceves. I had a small inheritance that paid for the surgery, but I would have financed it on credit cards if that was my only opition. I had a fantastic experience and have had very good results - full details on my blog. (among the earliest posts on the blog.)

Good luck!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

waiting_patiently
on 5/23/11 5:56 am - Nova Scotia, Canada
VSG on 07/24/12
walmartian
on 5/23/11 6:38 am, edited 5/22/11 6:41 pm
There is a whole forum here for surgery in Mexico! I had mine done by Dr Ramos-Kelley in Tijuana, $55300 for everything--driver to TJ to San Diego, 2 nights in the hospital, 2 nights in a very good hotel, my sister was allowed to stay in the room with me on a nice bed and ate free at the hospital, all meds, the surgery, etc included.
I would reccommend this option to anyone; I had great care, very little pain, and an all around wonderful experience. I highly reccommend Dr Kelley and his team to anyone going to Mexico for their surgery!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 173 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 449 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 473 views