Help please -- Hair loss & Calories -- oh and update w/ photos :)

clthomp
on 9/2/11 12:23 pm - TN
HI 

Like you the hair loss freaked me out.  What worked for me was taking a prenatal vitamin . They have more iron than reg vits after about a month the hairloss slooowed down drasticly. I was so happy. Also, I take 5000 unit biotin a day now this doesnot help with hair loss but now my hair and nails are growing very fast...toe nails actually scary  best of health .....you look great

cherrie
breakfast_at_tiffanys
on 9/3/11 9:07 am - Ann Arbor, MI
 I started losing nair at about 4 months-- HUGE amounts of hair.  It was terrifying to see it all in my brush, in the tub, on the bahroom floor, everywhere.  Before surgery I knew it would happen and was sure I would completely freak out when it did, but, oddly enough, I didn't get upset.  At all.  I would see it and it was like, "Yep, that's my hair," but no panic because I knew the loss would stop and it would grow back, as everyone's does.  I'd say I lost about 1/3 to 1/2 of my volume, but no one other than me can tell.  I did cut my hair shorter and with more layers so that I could style it in a way that it looked like there was more of it, but other than that, no special shampoos or treatments.  The loss stopped about 3 weeks ago and I know it will be full again before I know it.  So hang in there!  The drastic loss is temporary, but the lasting impact to your health from the weight loss will be long-lasting!  Congrats on your success!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views