4 months post op (pics)

amberk82
on 11/6/11 10:22 am
congrats!!!! you look great!! I noticed we have the same doctor...my surgery is 11/14...how was your experience?? 
urmisnshin2
on 11/6/11 11:03 am - TX
Thank you all! This has been one crazy little adventure so far. I had not been able to see much of a difference until I looked at these two pics together. Good lord...I must have lost 40lbs off my face and neck...lol. Today I had three people that I know very well tell me they didn't recognize me until they got up close and looked me in the eyes.

@Amberk...I had absolutely no problems with my surgery. Mine was done at Forest Park. Dr. Barker did a wonderful surgery, and the staff there was great! The only problem I had actually was them giving me too much pain medicine post op. They were giving me morphine every 2 hours and I was just gorked out. My surgery was in the am, and by 6 pm I had a lucid moment and told my husband to stop the nurse next time she came to give me morphine. He did..and when I woke up we had a nice long discussion about how I had no intention of staying that gorked....made them call the doc and ask for a "lesser" IV pain med. Next day after my leak test, I asked to be switched to something liquid. Two days post op, my DH and I drove home from Dallas to Amarillo and did fine.  I've had a few rough days here and there, but nothing that related to Dr. Barker's surgical skill. I'd use him again in a heartbeat.
Good Luck to you on your surgery...I'll be scootin over to make a spot for ya on the loser's bench!

HW 280  SW 260 CW 155 GW 160      

Sadiqah
on 11/6/11 11:11 am - Portland, TX
GREAT JOB!!! and so happy you took the pic in the same clothes you look like you are your younger sister or daughter!!! Im on my 6th day of my 2 week liquid diet and today was so hard for me, I really needed to see this Thank YOu!!
urmisnshin2
on 11/6/11 11:50 am - TX
Hang in there Sadiqah....soon enough that pre-op liquid diet will be a distant memory. I thought I would starve to death before i got to my surgery date and a couple of times really questioned was it worth it to feel that way. I can assure you that most of us did not feel the same way post op. Soon enough we'll be cheering your post op success too!!
Good luck on your surgery!!

HW 280  SW 260 CW 155 GW 160      

jovi_34
on 11/6/11 11:27 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Thats awesome!! You look great. I can see the difference!!

Congrats

Check me out at : www.jovanyneal.scentsy.us  for all your Scentsy needs     

HW:256  CW: 243  SW:231   GW: 135

lashervalerie
on 11/6/11 7:38 pm
looking great. We had a surgery about a week apart. You look great. I have tried to wear the same oufit every month on my annversy date to see how much I have change.
 Start Weight 280     Po op weight 260      Surgery June 23 2011  Month 1 237 (23 lbs) 

Month 2 225 (12 lbs)   Month 3 214 (11 lbs)     Month 4 203(11lbs)  Month 5 197 (6 lbs)

jessj1976
on 11/6/11 8:37 pm - Carey, OH
VSG on 04/27/11 with
wow you look great Congrats...
amberk82
on 11/13/11 10:23 am
thanks so much for  that!! My surgery is tomorrow morning and I am freaking out!!! I am having mine at Forest park as well. I am more nervous about how long they will take to get me back there...my mother and sis in law both had surgeries thru him as well and experienced a very very long wait...mine is the second surgery of the day so I hope it is not that long of a wait LOL...I have a habit (when I just sit there) of startoing to psych myself out with my anxiety.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views