Lose, not loose....

nanarama
on 5/29/12 9:03 pm - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
As a court reporter, I have to say I LOVE this post.  I proofread for a living!  "It's not what I do; it's who I am."    Totally annoy my husband when watching TV, etc., and I point all the misspellings out.   haha  I swear my eyes hurt when I see all of these words!
(now I have to proofread this post over and over just to be sure ..... )
danzeppelin
on 5/29/12 9:42 pm
VSG on 08/15/12
Me too, especially on the news..those ticker things drive me nuts!
Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 5/29/12 9:44 pm - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
May I add then/than to the list, please?

He then went to the store.

I would rather eat protein than drink it.
danzeppelin
on 5/29/12 9:50 pm
VSG on 08/15/12
Lol!
royaltys_journey
on 5/29/12 10:52 pm - WI
VSG on 06/11/12
I just have to add that it would be awesome if people would use more punctuation(period) Those posts with no periods are incredibly hard to read(exclamation point)
danzeppelin
on 5/29/12 11:17 pm
VSG on 08/15/12
Yeah no kidding! Run-on sentences, misplaced modifiers, poor grammar, poor spelling....we're in a bad way.
I've been out of school for a great many of years, and I know I've forgotten much of the basics, but it simply amazes me how our education has declined. I don't know that you can really blame the teachers? I have a friend who's an educator, and he tells me that now days kids just tell you to climb a tree. The theory of gravity...fall out of it! So maybe it's attitude?
slimpickins5280
on 5/30/12 12:45 am - CO
I have a degree in English and History and I have to say that I will NEVER spell check, I won't waste my time on proper punctuation, I barely bother with grammar (ugh, hate grammar) and I only skim back through my posts for mistakes.

I don't have to time to bother with the trivial things. I get my point across and move along.

I do love it when other correct me though. No really, I do.  Just the other day I couldn't remember how to spell voila and someone helped me.

If bad writing really bothers you, I'm the person to block.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

hwag5149
on 5/30/12 3:56 am
Me too. I like WRITING IN ALL CAPS and using these....................... all the time. Unless I'm writing for class, which I finished all my credential and M.A. coursework so I don't need to write anymore,  I could give a **** about grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Oh and my curse words are ridiculous. I love it. I would never block you. I think you sound WONDERFUL... :) 

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

slimpickins5280
on 5/30/12 4:35 am - CO

I NEVER curse.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

AngieB2011
on 5/30/12 5:34 am - MD
VSG on 03/19/12
I know I make a lot of grammar errors myself. They are mainly from thinking faster than I type and not spell checking. I've made some of the mistakes mentioned here. Not because I don't know better, but more so because it's a typo I didn't check or catch. We are all human.

My pet peeves have nothing to do with grammar but pictures.

Please clean up the area where you intend to take your picture, or at least crop the background noise out (clutter). It just looks bad and interferes with your hotness factor.

Oh and bathroom pics with the camera right in front of you, just strange. I've never been able to understand that one.

If you must take a bathroom picture, simply turn the camera around. Point the lens towards you and use the mirror to preview the picture using the image screen (now on most cameras and cell phones). Wa la, no camera blocked images. Or hold the camera out to the side... something.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 171 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 448 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 470 views