Any Sleeve surgery regrets??

momsy55
on 6/21/12 12:55 am - ME
Couldn't have said it better myself, Alison!  I am thrilled with my new and improved life, so no regrets about the surgery.  In so far as I did get to the point with my weight and all of the resulting health problems, I definitely love my sleeve!  I just wish I had been able to keep from getting to where I needed to take such a step.  Soooo glad VSG was available and covered by my insurance when I did need it, as I did not want RNY, though.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

julyxo84
on 6/21/12 12:29 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
 just wish i was ready to get my sleeve when i was younger. other than that no regrets. i love my sleeve!
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

morgans
on 6/21/12 12:39 am
VSG on 06/18/12
 You will totally regret it the first few days, but that's just because you'll feel kind of crappy and full of gas. 

But it gets better every day. 

Evymetalmommy
on 6/21/12 12:40 am - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
I had regrets the day and day after surgery.  I however had a bit of pain and I'm a whiney brat when I'm in pain.  Once I was home and found an Isopure that would go down I was fine.  

I have no regrets now about having surgery.  It's been two months and I've lost 50 lbs.  I could have never done this w/ out this tool.  

Use your nervous energy cleaning this weekend.  Or read a book.  Or go out and do something.  Good luck!!!
incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

CincySlvd
on 6/21/12 12:43 am - OH
VSG on 04/24/12
I wish I would have done this two years ago when my doctor suggested it.  I would have started off at a lower weight.

I never had surgery before this, and I was prepared for it to be way worse than what it actually was.

I'd do it again today if I had to, and I was nervous as ****
RHCP
on 6/21/12 12:53 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
NOPE! NADA! NIP! ZERO!!!

Do I wish I would of done it sooner- yes- but I wasn't mentally ready for it- it happened at the right time in my life.

I would do it again a million times.

Everyone has buyers remorse after surgery BC you feel bad- I cried in the hospital hallway the first night- had my pity party and moved on- I think it's common.

I wouldn't trade anything for being 103 lbs lighter!

kitsyb
on 6/21/12 1:34 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
No regrets whatsoever.  I ditto everything everyone else said.  Especially the part about the pity party.  The first night in the hospital I was beating myself up saying "I could be eating grilled chicken and veggies right now instead of sipping on broth".  Now I wouldn't trade it for the world!

happiegirl
on 6/21/12 1:35 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
lol I regret acting like a baby after the surgery...I should have been a lot nicer to everyone.  I regret living in denial about what I ate and how big I really was.  I regret wasting my life being this big.  I don't really think those are sleeve regrets.  I really wish I could have had the surgery earlier...but I wouldn't have been ready.

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

starry957
on 6/21/12 2:10 am
well said...

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

stephintexas
on 6/21/12 2:46 am
The first week I regretted it then I got excited and the recovery was super easy.

I do regret not getting on plan and following the rules after my 3rd month out when I hit the skids. I tried to play with the boundaries and hurt myself as far as progress. Eat the right foods, don't drink while you eat, exercise as soon as possible and watch the carbs. Had I always done that, I'd be at goal. So I do regret not having my head in it like I should have.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views