Do you put protein powder in your coffee?

Shagdoll
on 7/3/12 4:56 am
 Yeah!!  Makes 2 of us!!  I can thank Jimbo for telling me to try the Premier in my coffee ... Bleh!!!  Hahaha!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Boppie2012
on 7/3/12 12:44 am - Dunedin, FL
 Read the instructions it can't be put in any liquid 130 degrees or higher. 
ametzger
on 7/3/12 12:47 am - MI
VSG on 04/23/12
 Try this awesome recipe for iced coffee :  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/perfect-iced-coff ee/.  

It is RIDICULOUSLY better than regular chilled brewed coffee!  The longer you let it sit before straining it, the better!  I make the full pound of coffee and store it in a pitcher in my fridge and it lasts about 3 weeks....soooo much better than the ice coffee I used to drink!

KayDeeCee
on 7/3/12 1:23 am
VSG on 01/26/15
WOW! Great ideas! How soon after WLS can one drink coffee? I love my first-thing-in -the-morning Coffee. I thought I would have to give it up after I have my VSG. Hoping this isn't so after all... :-)
morgans
on 7/3/12 1:33 am
VSG on 06/18/12
It's probably too hot. The temp needs to be under 130F or you get the clumping.

I do an iced mocha with my black coffee, about 1/4 cup of skim and one scoop of the Unjury Chocolate Splendor. Yum!!

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 7/3/12 2:30 am
I use unjury in my coffee every morning. There is a trick. You get the best results from below.

Pour a little warm water in your coffee cup (about an inch high in your cup)
mix in your scoop of powder, stir some more
Let it sit for a minute and stir till no clumps appear
Pour in your hot coffee slowly while stirring the whole time
Keep stirring
Skim the top with your spoon
It should be perfect and no clumps

Follow the same process if you use milk in stead of water but since the milk is cold, you might have to skim off a bit more.

This works perfectly and the coffee is yummo!! Try the choc splendor flavor in your coffee, it is my fav.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

lizardcc
on 7/3/12 3:06 am - CA
thanks for the great ideas!!!
thill03
on 7/3/12 4:18 am, edited 7/3/12 4:18 am
yummy ideas...
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/12 4:48 am - CA
I got you on this one! :)

I use Syntrax Nectar in Vanilla Bean Torte or Chocolate Truffle depending on my mood.

1. While coffee is brewing, get your coffee cup.
2. Add a scoop of your protein powder to cup.
3. Add 3-4 oz. of Almond milk (or whatever milk you prefer)
4. Mix the milk/protein mixture in the cup--it makes kind of a paste. Let sit for a few minutes.
5. After your coffee is done brewing, pour slowly over the protein mixture while stirring. The syntrax powders make a slight foam on top so you feel like you're drinking a cappaccino!
6. Enjoy! and freely heat for 30 seconds as needed...won't clump once it's been mixed in...
ND2BTHN
on 7/3/12 8:15 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 Unjury will clump up when it is too hot. Did they give you a thermometer? Your coffee has to be luke warm for unjury, which is gross for me. I like it hot. One reason why I stopped using it. 

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 447 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 467 views