Jealousy, I guess!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 10/3/12 1:50 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 Totally agree with you.  I think the skinny minnies - are gonna have some competition.  

Luvnall3
on 10/3/12 10:46 am
Ha! They are just worried about the competition!
In my case, my skinny mini sister has been tall and skinny her whole life, where I have been the short and fat sister. She's never been on board with my surgery and doesn't stick around long if I am talking about it. She likes to believe its all a cop-out and surgery doesn't work. But I look at it this way, she has no idea what life has been like in my shoes! Therefore, it gives me great pleasure to know that I am doing this for me, I have lost over 40lbs and that for once in our lives, people notice me & my weight loss first now instead of her. Just knowing that she thinks I "can't" do it is great motivation to keep going!
Ya don't need them anyways!

31 yrs. old~Height : 5'4" HW: 265 * SW: 263 * CW: 181 * GW: 160

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 10/3/12 1:56 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 I had a few people "not agree" with my decision and say "I can do it on my own".  Well, i guess the scale and clothes sizes going down, shows that I did need the surgery and if I could have done it on my own, I would have :)  Some people may think it is the easy way out...but I think they are sooo wrong.  This is a decision we made for life. Full on commitment!  Glad you are doing well.  Most people saw the changes in my face at first, but now I think a few are seeing it in my clothes.  I am wearing baggy clothes..to a point... because I don't want to spend extra money for short lived clothes.  

JAlston
on 10/3/12 11:40 am
VSG on 12/07/12
Unfortunately, I have people like this in my family. They have weight issues and even if they know someone has lost weight they won't make a point to point it out or tell them they look nice or anything. The difference for me is, I live 550 miles away. I am going to have VSG soon and visit in a bout 6-7 months...talk about a surprise...they won't have anything else to talk about. 

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

rudgie99
on 10/3/12 12:03 pm - Bangor Area, ME
This is something I have been concerned about with my co workers- they are always on diets, and discussing their exercise plans etc and i am concerned they will talk behind my back about me taking the easy way out. I had thought about not telling anyone exept HR and my supervisor but then what do i say when they start to notice I am loosing weight and they ask how I am doing it.
SophieNJ
on 10/3/12 9:47 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13
Don't waste your time thinking about what they're thinking about....what they think of you is none of your business. Your business is taking care of you.....if they are not on your side, you don't need them.  I bet after a few months of watching you shrink, they'll be asking you about wls for themselves.
You know it's not the easy way out, that's what counts.  take care!!
oppman
on 10/3/12 10:24 pm - TX
VSG on 07/23/12
Thanks to EVERYONE for your replies! It means so much!

HW- 310, SW 287.6, M1-31.4, M2 -11.2, M3 -15.8

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 157 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 429 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 447 views