Why do I need to lose before surgery??? Isn't this the whole point?

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/4/12 5:39 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
That's pretty much what I got from my surgeon's office. I have to say that my pre-op diet was a cake walk compared to many. My body doesn't handle most meats well, so I had a 2 week cheese fest. Yummy.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

bill B.
on 11/4/12 9:41 am - NC
VSG on 12/13/12
I'm pre-op, I started my own weight loss a few days after I went to the seminar(may 25th) and decided that I was gonna have this surgery. I spoke to the surgeon after the seminar and he said it would make surgery safer and easier the more I lost before hand. I have been waiting for approval for about 4-5 weeks now. It has been one thing after another, insurance people out of the office on vacation or sick. I just had to have an EGD and see a Pulmonologist before I could get approved also. I have had sleep apnea for 5 years.
I have had no food funerals or oh I better eat this because I can't for a long time. I guess I was just ready to get on board with what was coming. Now if I could just get my approval letter. My surgeons insurance person was on vac last week so it is holding up my last two procedures to be turned into insurance.

Swiftkick00
on 11/4/12 9:49 am

Hi Bill

4-5 weeks.....wow.....that's a heck of a long time but with the back and forth I understand.....I have to do the EGD also and my mom who is also having surgery has to get clearance from a pulmonary doc too......May 25 is my b-day so that's a sign for me to get it together LOL

I'm so very impressed you got stated with no food funeral....I'm inspired....Hang in there.....Your approval right around the corner!!!!  I know it enlightened

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views