Losing slow?

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/12 9:23 pm
VSG on 06/04/12

I am someone who loses slowly, well slowly for someone who has had WLS. Right now I am averaging about 6 lbs a month so about 1.6 lbs per week.  However, I am really working out more than I have in my life and I'm replacing fat with muscle which does weigh more than the fat.  The net result is probably the same as someone who has lost 10lbs but who hasn't built any muscle.  I always eat protein first followed by veggies to get in my carbs, I do stay away from rice, pasta, potatoes and bread.  I average between 800 to 1000 calories a day and am working to get my carbs up too as I am working on building muscle.  The good news is that I have very little issues with excess skin.  I'm 5 months out and have lost 50lbs since surgery in June (90lbs since March) with 30 more to go to get to goal.

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/19/12 3:40 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I'll be at 5 months next week and figure the 48# I've lost since surgery is pretty much 48# more than I could have lost on my own. Heck - you can add the 7# I lost during my pre-op diet. I doubt I could have lost that on my own either.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/12 1:07 pm
I am a slow loser too. I am 4 months out and have lost 56 pounds total. Like last month all i lost was 4 pounds however I lost almost 14 inches!!!! So remember to take your inches monthly as well. For me less pounds means more inches. I wish I was a faster loser but slow and steady is great too. Lately I have been really tired so I have not been working out like I should but I do count calories, proteins, and carbs with myfitnesspal.com. I have a hard time keeping my carbs at 40 but I'm okay with my loss so far. And the carbs are healthy carbs. I do have a sweet tooth and struggle to find healthy ways to treat that but usually I am very focused and even when I give in to sweets its nooooothing like it used to be. There is nothing wrong with eating the things u like once in a while it's just being sensible about it (small amounts and those calories count). My problem is also I'm not as creative with foods as some of the people on here. I work full time, have 2 children under 5yrs and don't have much time besides what has...... to be done. I do bring my lunch to work and healthy snacks so for me that is great. I find that not allowing myself to get hungry helps me to stay on track. I am half way to my goal of 130-140lbs!!! Relax about the weight numbers we are all so different.
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/19/12 4:14 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
I have lost 25 lbs in six weeks. I'd say that is not super fast but not turtle speed either. I knew for sure going in to WLS that it would be like this because I am super carb sensitive and insulin resistant and all that. Also having lost the same 20 lbs over and over again for 15 years, I think my metabolism is very efficient and my body hangs on to absolutely everything. So its going to be slow. I want to average 6-10 lbs a month. But ultimately even if its less, what I want most of all is to achieve clean eating habits and good health. I hope now that I have been cleared for exercise and especially weights I will be able to ramp it up a bit. Good luck to you!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 150 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 424 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 444 views