A question for the long timers:

KathyA999
on 12/2/12 3:16 pm

Everyone's suggestions are great, especially about logging every last morsel you put in your mouth.  Another one that has served me well - Be willing to have on hand, or go get, the things you need to stay on track.  For example, I drink a Costco Premier RTD shake every morning, and I have at least two cases in the fridge in the garage most of the time.  I eat cottage cheese and greek yogurt (flavored with SF hazelnut coffee syrup) just about every day for breakfast, and I make them up, 6-8 at a time, and keep em in the fridge so I just need to grab one when at home or for taking to work.  I also keep cheese sticks, cooked bacon, nuts, and sunflower seeds around for snacking.

Another example (keep in mind I'm in maintenance at this point):  The last few days I got a craving for my homemade meat sauce.  I had all the ingredients for the meat sauce, but needed to make a decision about what to put it on. I *could* use quinoa pasta these days if I wanted, a really low glycemic pasta solution but still high in carbs, or I could put it on spaghetti squash.  I've done both in maintenance.  I have the pasta on hand, but I didn't have the spaghetti squash.  I decided I didn't want to spent the carbs just eating at home alone (better to save carbs for social occasions), so today I went out to the grocery store (in the rain) to get the squash.  (Delicious, by the way!)

Good luck!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views