What is going on with me!!!!!!

bxbeba
on 3/12/13 3:16 am - NY

I know those damn carbs can really get to you.  I've thrown away all the carbs that were in my house and am keeping track of what I am eating (which I haven't done in a while also).  I think that I was getting to used to eating and it's gotten a little out of control -

thanks for your advice, believe me it helps!

Ann M.
on 3/12/13 3:37 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

Thank you for posting this today!!! I know you posted it for your benefit but it has made me stop and think about what I have been eating lately!!!

I have a lot a pain in my hips and tail bone area. I am waiting on back surgery. I can't walk or exercise in any way right now. I lay in the bed and I sit in a certain chair for a short time then back to bed. It's horrible. Pain killers don't work so I don't bother taking them. Besides the fact that they cause constipation I DO NOT want. The worst place to sit is the toilet for me. The pain goes all the way up my spine into in to my head.

SO, I can't stand and fix me food. My groceries are very limited. I eat cottage cheese, string cheese, canned veggies that I can microwave, boiled eggs, fried eggs, and frozen chicken of every flavor, shape, size, and consistency (I hate chicken and I'm allergic to seafood) but I eat little bits of it with dips I fix to hide the taste. I have a small amount of 90% hamburger that I try fix once a week.

But my friend got me a few groceries on Friday - she didn't go by my list - she got what she thought would be easiest and fastest for me to fix - bless her heart!!!

Now I have instant potatoes, boxed mac & cheese, and cold cereal. And I have eaten and eaten and eaten till I've almost finished an entire LARGE BAG of that Cereal and this is just Monday!!!  And it has been a 1/2 cup at a time...but a lot of times!!!

Thank you for getting my attention!!!! And I pray you get your appetite fixed and your deeper problem!  Mine is pain and boredom!!! So beware!!!

Ann - 4 months out on the 21st and 1/2 way to my Goal of 135!

chinamama
on 3/12/13 11:37 am - Bend, OR

Welllll do you believe in the food addiction theory of our weight problems?

In my addictions class we discussed the fact that they are discovering that most if not all addicts relapse.  And research is finding that if relapse is discussed in recovery, and the addict understands that relapse is a part of that recovery, that when the relapse comes it becomes matter of fact.  You fell off the wagon, and tomorrow you get back on wagon and move on, realizing the relapses is just what it is. They are also finding that each time you relapse and start over the relapses seem to extend out further and further.....

I don’t know if this helps or not, but tomorrow is another day. 

Laurie

Highest /Consult/Pre-Op/Band Surgery/Lowest Band/ VSG Surgery/Current/Goal

306    274      263      253           211           232         213   134

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 241 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op