Advice on buying a swimsuit post VSG

Ihearttennis
on 4/5/13 4:50 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

I learned this trick from a friend a few years ago that has helped me with bathing suit issues.  I buy a tankini top and then wear a bikini top under it in a coordinating color.  The bikini top I use like a bra to lift and support and the tankini covers my middle, and when the colors coordinate they look like they were meant to go together.  It's a bit more expensive this way but well worth it to me.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Kabooboo
on 4/5/13 8:23 am

Great suggestion! Thanks!

gee1963
on 4/5/13 8:16 am - Ankeny, IA
VSG on 02/27/13

Anyone know where I can get a bathing costume from the 1900's kiss

*~Gina~*HW 338 (10/2009), banded 07/22/10 298, removed 11/29/12, sleeved 2/27/13. (CW)   214 dr scale 3/19/13   

Kabooboo
on 4/5/13 8:24 am

If you find out let me know. 

sleevegirl
on 4/5/13 9:05 am - Austin, TX

I haven't read the responses, but I have a very large lower tummy and skinny legs. So much so that any regular suit, my stomach hangs out of the sides of it. Not attractive. LOL

I use swim shorts and a separate swim top. I've found a few good deals at Kohls.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Kabooboo
on 4/5/13 10:25 pm

I tried on a gorgeous swimsuit at Kohls yesterday. It was the exact colors I wanted. It fit well and everything covered up by the swimsuit looked good. But all I could see was the jiggly thighs and arms....Sigh...I didn't buy it. I've looked a lot online and seen a lot of cute swimsuits. This does motivate me to tone up more and get exercising. I don't know that I will ever find a swimsuit that I feel looks great on me. But I feel like I look great when I am in clothes, which is an awesome feeling!

laDeelila
on 4/6/13 7:02 am - NJ
Betsey johnson on line has some super cute skirted one peices. She takes the designs from the 50's with modern twists. I can't wait to get one of hers.
Kabooboo
on 4/6/13 10:14 am

I bought a MiracleSuit at TJ Maxx for $34! I also found another suit marked $150 on the manufacturers tag, and that one was $19. I bought that one in the next smaller size. I just ordered some board shorts to wear over the swimsuit if I feel the need, and I also bought a cute white coverup at TJ Maxx. I guess I am set! Thanks for everyone's advice!

cathmac
on 4/10/13 12:20 pm

I also went to lands end just ordered one swim dress a little pricey but the reviews were fantastic I will post again when I get it.

Cathy mcquarrie    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views