weight gain after 2-3 years from surgery

bublegirl1
on 4/21/13 2:37 pm
RNY on 11/10/14
Yes that's all true. It happened to me. I lost about 80 lbs then my life fell apart and I went back to the old way of medicating. I gained 37 lbs back. Intellectually I know how to lose it again but doing it and knowing it are two different things. I do have other issues like not as much restriction even with protein first. But I see my surgeon Wednesday for the first time in almost two years. He was so great to me when I emailed him. So I'm hoping for some X-rays just to take a look and make sure everything is ok because I also get reflux bad again even when not eating late or too much, etc. Before surgery I was diagnosed with gastro paresis. My food took over 3 times the rate to digest instead of the normal healthy rate. So good just sat there forever. I'm feeling like that again. The bougie he used was a little bigger than others but not too much. But I heard there is a potential of a little stretching even with leaving a tiny by more stomach there. I don't know. We shall see. He did tell me before the surgery that he uses a 40 to keep the risk of complications down but that I wouldn't lose weight as fast and maybe not as much. Kinda wish I had pushed for a smaller one now. But I'm seeing a psychiatrist and once I see my surgeon Wednesday we shall go from there. I really want to hit goal! I never even got to wonderland. Got from 286 to 209 and then bust! I have to do this!! I've been obese since a small child and its high time to kick that to the curb!!

Good luck on your journey and stay here for support! I left out of shame and that was a big mistake!

-Amie

Jls8877
on 4/22/13 3:10 am
Glad to see you back! You can do it. It sounds like you have taken some great steps in contacting your surgeon.
Best wishes!
bublegirl1
on 4/22/13 2:44 pm
RNY on 11/10/14
Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words.

-Amie

Maryatt50
on 4/23/13 2:08 am

I agree with everyone.   This is a tool you still have to be accountable.  I know I gained about 15 pounds and in the last 3 weeks have gone back to healthy eating and lost 10.5 pounds so far.  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views