I Haven't Worn a Dress...

UnRuli
on 5/16/13 10:08 pm - Plainwell, MI

You couldn't pay me to wear a dress......until I lost the weight.  Now I wear a dress nearly every day to my classes (I teach college level illustration classes).  I'm just so thrilled that I can fit into the retro-style clothing I always admired that I can't seem to own enough dresses!   

Have a great time at your dinner!

mdusha
on 5/16/13 11:55 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

You guys are great! You make me laugh and offer encouragement at the same time...and I love it! Not sure about pics, but will do my best. I admit it's fun to rediscover this part of myself, but a little unsettling too. Not to mention....I *might* be substituting my food addiction with a clothes shopping addiction! lol it's intoxicating, all the options now! Oh well...I can think of worse things to indulge in....like chocolate cake lol.

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

Paula R.
on 5/17/13 12:04 am - CA
VSG on 08/21/12

I can totally relate!! I wore a dress September 2007 and only because I was in my best friends wedding. I felt so uncomfortable, it was sleeveless and I felt horrible! I still don't wear sleeveless.. The next time I was to wear a dress was March 30th 2013 and I felt fricken amazing I looked pretty dang good too!! It was a 16 and I wore it proudly! Luckly, I wasn't wearing a 14 yet then or I may have left the tags on for people to see LOOK! I'M WEARING A 14! lol. So excited for you!!

Christyb17
on 5/17/13 1:24 am - Long Beach, CA
VSG on 06/04/13

I LOVE your post! How super super exciting to go out to the Waldorf Astoria! I am jealous :) :)

I just said to my boss that I plan on buying dresses to wear as I lose weight since its Summer time and I can go down a few sizes while in the same size dress. Save me some money on clothes as I lose. His comment was "a dress? I dont think I have ever seen you in a dress" I laughed. I dont wear dresses. I used to wear skirts all the time, but I am so "hippy" that a cute maxi dress makes me look 100 lbs heavier than I am. I have a pretty small waist (about 18 inches difference hip to waist ratio) so its hard to find dressed. I am going on a cruise next Friday for my boyfriends 30th birthday. I bought 3 dresses on Amazon. VERY nervous about how they would fit. They came in earlier this week and they actually look good!! Even the maxi type one I got looks pretty good on me. I am now excited to wear these pre and post surgery and look pretty at the same time. I love wearing heels, so thats an easy one for me, but I am so excited to lose weight and wear 5" heels and VERY cute shoes :) I cannot wait to bring out the feminine side of me as well.

VSG June 4, 2013

HW - 271.4     SW - 263     CW - 159

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views