DENIED MEDICAL CLEARANCE!!!

Another Fatone
on 5/29/13 7:06 pm - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Hi

I think in my case the surgeon Dr Keith Kim will require clearances such as heart, lungs, sleep and kidneys. My PCP will not be a show stopper...I think. 

I had a-fib. Dr Raul Jimenez did the cardio cath RF ablation at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. He is really really good. Working with his staff was like pulling teeth....but I am normal sinus rhythm.

I think lots of folks have a rough journey. I am half way through mine and already running in problems. 

Wouldn't it be neat if there was a "One Stop Bariatric Shop". I'd pay extra for that. 

I enjoyed your blog and photos.

PS: I went to Clearwater High School

Manderley
on 5/30/13 2:19 am - New Port Richey, FL

I'm starting to feel like everything will be okay...i had spoken to my nephrologist about having surgery, he was supportive; i would imagine if he didn't think i would live through it, he would have told me that at the time. So i'm thinking he'll clear me. But the cardiologist, he's new to me, only seen him once so far. (i loved my old cardio, but he was far away, and wanted me to come for blood draws weekly, then monthly once i started coumadin and it was just too much). i'm thinking the new cardio will want a stress test just to cover his butt. But i'm thinking it's all going to fall into place after all. Just another hurdle to jump over, and the end result will be worth fighting for.

Yes, sign me up for the One Stop Shop too, please :)

Glad you enjoyed my blog, i didn't know if anybody would ever read it, but i'm enjoying having a journal to chart my journey.

HW: 402, Nov 2012, down 89 lbs.      VSG 6/18/13 

Another Fatone
on 5/30/13 3:55 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

I have 4 heart stents. My kidneys are stage III. I have obstructive sleep apnea but the cpap or bipap and I do not get along.

So they are going to make me jump through hoops so to speak getting clearances.

I am not going to give up. I don't feel you will either. On the bright side you get another day of rocky road...in moderation of course...

Manderley
on 5/30/13 4:46 am - New Port Richey, FL

haha no i didn't do the rocky road thing. i just said i WANNA, my typical response to pain or fear or anger or boredom or anything...but i've been strict on the pre-op Optifast for just over a week and have dropped 35 lbs so i'm not going to stop now...

what do you mean cpap and bipap don't get along with you? sleep apnea will kill you. i've got a cpap now and i just can't even believe the difference. it took a little getting used to, to find a mask i could live with, but now i have wonderful sleep, i can even sleep on my back, which is so much better for my poor back, rather than on my stomach or my side. 

hang in there

Another Fatone
on 5/30/13 5:06 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

I can not fall asleep with the mask on. I have tryed them all. I can breath ok on my side. My ENT said to loose 100lbs and I wouldn't have obstructive sleep apnea. 

But I'll give it another try. My cardio dr said sleep apnea is mucho bad for the heart. I want to live longer .....if only to **** some people off....

Manderley
on 5/30/13 6:09 am - New Port Richey, FL

you could die in the meantime, waiting to lose 100 lbs. 

i started with a full face mask because they asked me if i woke up with dry mouth. i said yes. they said you're a mouth breather, you need the full face. well i couldn't tolerate it. i woke up in the middle of the night and pulled it off. i just gave up. Fast foward 2 years later, a new company, and new insurance, so i tried again. this time got just a nasal mask, not the one that goes up over your head, just one that covers my nose. at first it was mildly annoying but pretty soon i got used to it, now i don't feel it at all. i put it on even in the middle of the afternoon if i'm feeling sleepy and want to take a nap. the difference is unbelievable. you really should try it again. you'll get used to it, i promise. 

Another Fatone
on 5/30/13 6:56 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

I am going to do it.

How are you doin with your clearances? 

Manderley
on 5/30/13 11:37 am - New Port Richey, FL

Got a Nephrologist appt for tomorrow, and the Cardiologist on June 7. If I get cleared by both, new surgery date is June 18. It caused a lot of chaos, but such is life. I'm just moving right along. 

I'm glad you're going to give the cpap another try. Give it a week or two and you'll be smiling every time you put your head down on the pillow. 

Another Fatone
on 5/30/13 11:45 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

So you start your liquid diet June 4th?

What is your GFR if I may ask?

Manderley
on 5/30/13 12:03 pm - New Port Richey, FL

No, i actually started it on May 21, for the 2 weeks leading up to my original surgery date of June 4. Unbelievably, i've already dropped 35 lbs. (my ticker is actually off by 2 lbs and i don't know how to fix it) in the week and a half...amazing, right? i feel so good. still having trouble walking. if it's not my lower back, it's my hip. if it's not my hip, it's my knees. if it's not my knees, it's my feet. around and around. something is ALWAYS killing me!!! can you relate??  

anyway i have less than no idea what my GFR is, all i know is my kidney function is holding it's own at 22%. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views