please tell me it gets better....

tysmom01
on 8/29/13 1:37 am - MS
VSG on 08/12/13

My surgery was on 8/12. I thought I was having a heart attack due to such horrible gas pain afterwards. But I made myself get up and walk walk walk. That is the only way to get it out and help the pain. Also, you've got to sip sip sip as much as you possibly can. I would also stay away from the scale because they are loading you with lots of IV fluids. I was home within 24 hrs from my surgery. And I can honestly say, with each new day it was so much better. Just follow you doctors orders exactly and you'll be feeling so much better soon! Good luck to you!!

Age: 34 ~ Height: 5'5 ~ HW: 287 (7/28/2013) ~ SW: 272 ~ GW: 150 ~ Goal weight met 8/9/2014  

jenlaur1
on 8/29/13 8:51 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

It does get better...that's what a lot of very kind people here told me almost a week ago (I am 11 days post op).  It really does get better. I was a mess over the weekend up into Tuesday night...I am an anxious person..so I take meds for it.  when I left the hospital the doc changed my time release capsule to the liquid form and apparently it metabolizes a lot faster than a pill and well, I was not getting my all day support like I was with the pill form.  That's all better now..on pill form again.  The pain..that really does go away.  There will be one day in the next week when all of a sudden, it'll seem, you feel so much better.  You'll also have a little bit more energy every day too.  sending you

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

Eatingtolive
on 8/29/13 9:08 am

It does get better.  Keep walking and sipping water. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views