Would like some suggestions

WorkItOutWoman
on 9/28/13 11:52 pm
Our surgeons can recommend a lot of things that our stomach won't agree with. Your body is telling you something. Please listen.

BoutThatLife

Mrs_Desire _
on 9/29/13 12:18 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

From what I seeing, every doc has different suggestions for the stages of moving back into solid foods. I have not had surgery yet but I do remember them stating that BEANS and chili are a good source of protein during the transition phase to solids.

Chicken breast might still be too hard... I personally do not like chicken breast because to me it is not juicy enough. I rather have chicken thigh strips (bought at Walmart). You could also shred the chicken breast and add some sauce to it. Like a sauce picante (I have Creole roots) Do you like cottage cheese? You can have cottage cheese with a bit of fruit for flavor...

My NUT did warn us that bread, rice and pasta is going to swell big time in your lil pouch. So you might want to avoid it because you will not be able to get in the appropriate level of protein in your system.

Good Luck!!

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

newnycvsg1
on 9/29/13 3:16 am

Thank you all folks.  You've all given great suggestions.  I will try to hold off on breads, etc for a bit longer.  I have to get a bit more creative and saucy in my cooking.  But oh I will not lie.  I am mourning my losses.  It's more head hunger because when I eat and am full I lose my yearning.

I will just continue to try and have patience.

Blessings to all,

NYCVSG

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views