I Did a Bad Thing

mdusha
on 12/4/13 1:05 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Yeah...and I've been pleased that through this journey, I HAVE developed other ways of coping. It was just mindless stress, "because-it's-there" eating. I think that I recognize it is a good thing and as someone else said...I certainly could have chosen something FAR worse than some nuts and cheese. 

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

Shagdoll
on 12/4/13 12:44 am

Ditto what Sandy just said in her first sentence.  I seriously get annoyed by people who tell others to get over it.  Don't get me wrong, postive encouragement is always helpful but there is a way to go about it.

I'm so sorry to hear about your home invasion.  That hasn't happened to me but I've had my car broken into several times before & you can seriously feel violated, even in a personal way. 

You are in maintenance.  I don't think a palm of nuts & some parm is going to derail you but I do see your concern & I'm actually glad you can recognize that.  I say this because even though I think what you ate is harmless, you are fully aware that you didn't plan on eating it in the first place.  I have come to see that most people in maintenance still keep track of what goes into their mouths ... so kudos to you!!!!

Hope you start to feel better soon. Things like that take a little time to get over. 

Jenn  

WWBD?  

mdusha
on 12/4/13 1:09 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Thank you so much! You are absolutely correct. Having just hit maintenance, I'm trying to be sort of hyper vigilant because I think this is where the REAL work starts for me...keeing it off. I'm thinking of trying to lose another 10-15lbs as well...so I didn't help my efforts last night. But that was last night...today is a new day. 

One day at a time, I figure. 

I do work to log everything and as I've done that for quite nearly a year now, I'm looking to keep it as a lifelong habit.

I think what bugged me the most was that it was sort of mindless nibbling because I was under stress and in the kitchen. I need to NOT reach for stuff only to log after. Perhaps making myself log BEFORE I put the nuts/cheese in my mouth would help. Sort of..."I want this...and perhaps I'll have it, because nuts and cheese are ok...but I need to log it first and see if it fits in my day." Yeah...I'm thinking that will be a new strategy for me when I'm feeing the need to nibble. Though, I recognize nibbling ain't great on its own. :-)

Your words mean a lot...thank you!

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views