Cold Feet are normal.....right?

Luvmygs
on 9/25/14 4:46 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Marie, I've been there. My doctor wanted me to have this surgery 2 years ago and I didn't even want to think about it. But after doing alot of praying, tons of research, attending several WLS support group meetings and talking to people who have already had the surgery, I'm doing it! After talking to my surgeon I knew the time was right. She put me at ease and I know its time to get my health back to normal. You can do this, but you need to be ready mentally and emotionally. Just think how healthy we're going to be! Good luck.

Kinde
on 9/25/14 8:03 am

Normal! I had second thoughts in pre-op leading before the surgery.  Then I looked at my husband and knew if I did not take this step then I was guaranteeing myself less time with him and my kids.  You will be fine, I am a week and a half out and I am down 22 pounds, best decision I have made! Good luck!

anewlife4me8610
on 9/25/14 9:16 am - Lake Oswego, OR

Marie, 

I know what you mean about backing out. I was so gung ho then at the end I got scared...but I am so glad I did it. If I hadn't done it there is no doubt in my mind that I would succeed for a while but I would NOT lose weight and keep it off...The only thing you are doing by putting this off, is short changing yourself on the life you deserve.

You have not got a date yet, so now is the perfect time to try to diet....try to lose as much as you can prior to surgery...see how long you can keep up with it, how much you lose and how well you do....BUT keep your apts and keep moving forward...that way, if (and in my case it was always not "if" but rather 'when') you fall short of staying on track, you will be on your way to doing what you know you need to do.....

Believe me when I say, I am NOT the kind of person who takes risks....I just knew that I needed to do this and I am confident that I made the right choice. This time next year, I will not be dreaming of a new life....I will be out living it......

lessofme123
on 9/25/14 11:09 am

It was the scariest decision I ever made! But here I am down almost 60 pounds and so glad I didn't back out.

busboss1
on 9/25/14 11:47 am
VSG on 12/18/12

I backed out and finally got the courage to schedule it again 2 months later. My only regret was I waited the extra 2 months. I had a great surgeon and I was out within 24 hours. I followed the instructions to a tee and I lost 99 pounds. Best decision I ever made. 

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

Spanky123
on 9/26/14 4:40 am

I was approved 3 years ago and chickened out, :( , I decided last year to quite making my decisions out of fear, so I redid the process and am scheduled for Dec 2014.  I worry everyday, mostly about the procedure and the pain, but I am forcing myself to move forward. It's hard someday, I almost talk myself out of it, but I  haven't yet. If you want it, stick to it!

Tenacious88
on 9/26/14 7:27 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

No cold feet , Just know it's for your health,

Best thing I did, go for it,

Godspeed.

Lou 88

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 73 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 273 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views