Can't get the fat girl out of my head

Tracy D.
on 11/6/14 12:09 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Something that therapists do with patients who are having body dysmorphic issues is to have them lay down on a big piece of butcher paper and have someone take a marker and draw around their body as closely as possible.  When completed, the person has an outline of their REAL body size, not the inflated one stuck in their head.  And it's real helpful to look at this picture side-by-side while standing in front of a mirror.  

It'll take time - and you'll be constantly comparing yourself to other women - but your brain will eventually catch up.  I have to say that every time I pull out a pair of jeans out of my drawer I still think, "there's NO WAY those are gonna fit me!"  But they do - every time :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

bikrchk
on 11/6/14 12:29 am

I'm 5 months into maintenance and most of the time now, I see a thin person in the mirror.   Looking back at old pictures, I don't even recognize the person there.  Was I REALLY THAT BIG??? But there are times when I don't see it too... particularly when I'm naked. Maybe it's the new clothes that fit really well, I don't know but I look HUGE to myself without clothes. Like how can that gut fit in to the size 4 skinny jeans you're about to easily slide on???  I think its all part of the process and try not to dwell on it.  My BF has ZERO issues, seems oblivious to my "relaxed fit skin" and thinks I'm beautiful. He didn't know me before, so I'm gonna take his word for it! Fake it till ya make it!

Sweat is fat crying

Lemily
on 11/6/14 9:15 pm
VSG on 01/16/14

Thank you all for taking the time in responding. I have carefully read all of your posts and am much appreciative of your support and guidance. This to, in time, shall pass and I will begin to accept the new person I am with all my new flaws LOL.

I think my mental doubts have come from and remained from a place of low confidence and paranoia. As each day passes, I have actually become more confident in my self and my decisions, both which would never have happened without this procedure.

Your words and guidance have been taken to heart and I hope I can pay it forward with all of your future posts as well.

You all made my frowns turn upside down - and what a great start to the impending weekend!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views